Online Master's Degree in Business Administration
Today’s employers are looking for MBA graduates with an international mindset; those who can understand global issues, manage relationships across cultures, and grow businesses in emerging world markets.
Our curriculum was developed by a select panel of global business professionals and features international business case studies as well as unique examples. Purdue Global’s Master of Business Administration program is designed to help students pursue leadership positions in these competitive, global business environments.
The ExcelTrack™ option of our online MBA is a personalized, competency-based degree path that gives you more control over how you learn—allowing you to earn the same MBA degree faster, for less money.† It lets you build off of the knowledge and experience you already have and concentrate only on the skills you need to learn to advance your career.
Master of Business Administration Program Highlights
As an MBA student, you’ll collaborate on practical resume–building projects that focus on developing valuable business and management decision-making skills. The online MBA program is also designed to foster thought leadership, innovation, and corporate social responsibility on a global scale. You will study how to:
- Create value in production and distribution of goods, services, and information throughout the supply chain
- Apply business knowledge to take well-reasoned action in diverse situations
- Address business issues or establish new procedures within an existing process
- Generate a new business or establish new procedures within an existing business
- Demonstrate the leadership necessary to accomplish business goals and maximize organizational performance
- Evaluate the ethical and social implications of business decisions in a global context.
The concentration in human resources is acknowledged by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Specialized knowledge and expertise can prepare you for leadership roles in today’s competitive business environments. Purdue Global’s online MBA program allows you to complete four or more additional courses in one of six designated concentrations:
- Finance: Study how to analyze strategies for investing in various markets, and develop an understanding of the real and financial assets that comprise corporate balance sheets. Explore mergers and acquisitions and financial management issues for international businesses such as foreign exchange risk, hedging strategies, and global positioning of assets. Acquire the knowledge and skills to prepare and interpret financial statements.
- Health Care Management: The health care industry is experiencing advances in treatment, rigorous patient-privacy regulations, staffing challenges, and issues of cost control. Our program focuses on how to navigate the changing health care field, as well as developing the knowledge to solve real-life business problems.
- Human Resources: Explore recruitment and hiring practices, employee training, corporate policies, and executive leadership. Analyze labor laws and topics such as wrongful termination, employment at will, and collective bargaining. Focus on change management and the relationship between pay structures and organizational performance.
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) has acknowledged that the Master of Business Administration with a concentration in human resources fully aligns with SHRM’s HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
- Information Technology: Prepare yourself to pursue IT leadership and management-level positions in service organizations or business, health care, military, government, and nonprofit settings. Study methods for finding innovative solutions to an ever-increasing array of business and IT challenges. Courses examine critical concepts and competencies for the IT professional such as principles of information technology, systems analysis and design, and the management of technology in a business environment.
- Marketing: Apply marketing research methods and techniques to analyze and implement strategic advertising. Explore how buyer behavior and consumer protection issues affect marketing strategies, and analyze factors that affect purchase decisions in the marketplace. Develop the skills to manage a sales force, with a focus on training, motivation, compensation, and performance evaluation.
- Project Management: Study how to analyze and streamline complex, large-scale endeavors and turn them into efficient project plans. You will be taught to strategize, plan, schedule, implement, and determine project deliverables, milestones, and responsibilities, making sure to expertly address business needs and manage costs.
Purdue University Global business programs are accredited by ACBSP.
The human resources concentrations align with the Society for Human Resource Management's HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
Higher Education at the Highest Standards
Purdue University Global is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and committed to the highest standards. Our specific programs hold additional industry-relevant approvals and accreditations.
What are the Career Opportunities?
This professionally focused program is designed to prepare you for business management and corporate leadership. As a graduate of Purdue Global’s online MBA program, you can pursue employment opportunities in areas such as the following:
- Management of information systems
- Human resources
An MBA focuses on providing you with knowledge and skills to become a more effective leader and a more valued employee in your current career.
Is This Program Right for You?
A Purdue Global online MBA can prepare to explore a variety of career opportunities in today's competitive job market. The Purdue Global online MBA is a dynamic 21st-century-driven program that is designed to offer the right balance of theory and practice to help prepare you for advancement in your business career.*Request Info
What Courses Will I Take?
Curriculum in the MBA program puts a focus on the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make sound business and management decisions. You can further customize your MBA program by completing a concentration in an area that's suited to your career goals. Choose from the following concentrations:
- Health care management
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Project management
Tuition and Fees
Select Your Options
- Concentration Track
- Nonconcentration Track
- Online, Rockville, Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin
- Iowa, Nebraska
- Select One
- Active-Duty Military
- Military Veteran
- Military Spouse
- Indiana Residents
Online, Rockville, Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin
number of credits
Tuition does not include University fees and associated program fees. View tuition and fee information or contact an Admissions Advisor for more information.
Indiana resident military veterans: tuition for online undergraduate degree and certificate programs is $220.00 per quarter credit hour.
Related News and Resources
Related News and Resources
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Access gainful employment information, including program length, tuition costs, financing options, and success rates.†
Master's degree in Business Administration No Concentration
- Kaplan University, Online
- Augusta Campus
- Cedar Falls Campus
- Cedar Rapids Campus
- Davenport Campus
- Des Moines Campus
- Hagerstown Campus
- Indianapolis Campus
- Lewiston Campus
- Lincoln Campus
- Mason City Campus
- Milwaukee Campus
- Omaha Campus
- Rockville Learning Center
- St. Louis Campus
Master's degree in Business Administration with Concentration
Whether you are on your way up the corporate ladder or just getting started, our degree programs and certificates could help you prepare to take your career to a higher level.
*Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement.
†Purdue University acquired Kaplan University in March 2018 and created Purdue University Global, which is following the same curriculum format and instructional delivery methods as developed and used by Kaplan University. These disclosures are based on Kaplan University data reported prior to the acquisition.