Master of Science in Legal Studies Overview
From business to government to health care, nearly every industry has a need for professionals with an advanced legal education. Our online master’s in legal studies program is designed for working adults seeking to expand their career opportunities by arming themselves with knowledge of the law, legal terminology, and procedures.
Purdue Global’s online master’s in legal studies program will challenge you to solve real-world issues by applying legal principles in a case study format. Learn from faculty who are industry professionals in law, social science, and teaching. Start building a strong foundation of legal knowledge by completing specialized online courses designed to teach you:
- Legal principles: Apply legal principles and concepts to the analysis of complex social, political, and economic issues.
- Ethics: Reflect on the ethical and moral implications of the law and legal processes.
- Leadership: Apply principles of leadership to shape change and improve the application and direction of the law and the legal system in relation to institutions and society.
- Reflective practice: Use the skills of a reflective practitioner to analyze and solve problems within a professional context.
Choose From Two Tracks of Study
Customize your master's in legal studies by choosing from the following tracks:
- Applied research: Develop a better understanding of applied research methods and their application to legal studies.
- Comprehensive exam: Complete a written examination covering the core curriculum courses.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.