Associate of Applied Science Degree in Legal Support and Services
Legal roles are no longer limited to law firms. Legal services and support staff may be hired not only by law firms but also by corporations, insurance firms, consulting firms, and health care institutions.*
If you are seeking to advance into a career in legal support and services, an associate’s degree in legal support and services from Purdue Global could be a strategic professional move. Our online associate's degree program is designed to focus on:
- Foundational knowledge of the law, including foundational legal administrative skills
- Practical and technical skills relevant to many legal support services positions
- Professional competencies that prepare you to assist during legal proceedings or investigations, such as preparing documents, managing technology, and researching legal issues
You'll be taught by professors who are legal practitioners themselves, offering real-world expertise in legal services, law, and policy. Students will collaborate with professors and classmates via live seminars, discussion boards, and one-on-one instructor interaction.
Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services Program Highlights
Purdue Global's Legal Studies Department consists of a community of legal professionals. Our faculty, school leadership, and advisory-board members are made
The online legal support and services degree can help prepare you for professional responsibilities such as:
- Analyzing data necessary to assist clients
- Identifying and gathering information
- Communicating with diverse stakeholders
- Drafting and organizing information for litigation
- Preparing documents used in legal proceedings
- Preparing materials for submission to regulatory agencies
Our Tuition Cap Lowers the Cost of Your Education
At Purdue Global, we are constantly searching for ways to help students seek a brighter future, and that includes making sure our tuition costs are as low as possible. That is why we are introducing the Purdue Global Tuition Cap.
How it works: When you enroll in a participating Tuition Cap program at Purdue Global, your tuition will be capped, ensuring that you only pay a fixed amount for your education. Once you hit your cap, you will no longer have to make any payments for the rest of your education at Purdue Global, even if you have to retake a course, as long as you meet and maintain all enrollment requirements for the Purdue Global Tuition Cap program.
Why it helps: Not only will you know exactly how much your education will cost when you enroll, but our Tuition Cap will also help you save 33%* off the total cost of your tuition. It’s part of our promise to help make college education more accessible and more affordable. Click here for answers to commonly asked questions.
*Enrollees in programs eligible for Tuition Cap pricing will pay the same tuition cost per quarter credit hour and fees as for other undergraduate programs/enrollees plus $200 per-term administrative fee and other fees. The total cost of the program, though, will be capped, other than applicable background check and/or lab fees. Savings based on the difference between capped and noncapped programs for 180 or 90 credits for bachelor’s or associate’s degrees, respectively. Students who receive transfer credit typically study for significantly fewer terms and do not receive maximum savings. Contact an Admissions Advisor for details.
The School of Legal Studies
When you earn your degree from Purdue Global, you join an active and diverse alumni community. Our students have access to a number of opportunities to build their network with fellow students and employers:
- Collaborate with professors and classmates via live seminars, discussion boards, and one-on-one instructor interaction.
- Our guest-speaker series has featured state supreme court justices, state congressional representatives, and media legal contributors
- The International Law Consortium has included panelists from the U.S., Malaysia, and South Africa
- Student Life opportunities allow those who are currently in the legal field, or those wishing to enter the field, opportunities to network and discuss pertinent issues and trends
- Employer spotlight fairs featuring Q&A webcast sessions with students concerning positions at their companies. Participants have included Allied Barton and G4S Security.
Higher Education at the Highest Standards
Purdue University Global is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and committed to the highest standards. Our specific programs hold additional industry-relevant approvals and accreditations.
What are the Career Opportunities?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for legal support and services role is expected to rise.* Earning your Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services at Purdue Global includes comprehensive study in areas such as legal research and writing, civil litigation, legal ethics, torts, and various legal disciplines.
Graduates with an associate's degree in legal support and services can pursue career paths that include†:
- Contract driven industries such as real estate and licensing
- Corporate legal departments
- The court and judicial system
- Legal firms
- Insurance companies
- Consulting firms
Some career titles in the legal support and services field include:
- Law clerk
- Legal analyst, assistant, clerk or secretary
- Real estate legal assistant or title examiner
- Abstractors and searcher
- Legal investigator
- Court clerk
Furthermore, earning your Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services at Purdue Global can serve as a stepping-stone towards earning your legal support and services bachelor's degree, which offers a paralegal studies concentration.Request Info
What Courses Will I Take?
- Legal Research and Writing
- Civil Litigation
- Legal Ethics
- Introduction to Torts
- Family Law
- Core Credits25
- Major Credits50
- Open Elective Credits15
- Total Credits90
Tuition and Fees
Select Your Options
Fixed Tuition for New Enrollees
90 number of credits
View Tuition Cap FAQs. The Purdue Global Tuition Cap may not be used in conjunction with any Purdue Global tuition reductions, including military spouse reductions. Military servicemembers and veterans are not eligible for the Purdue Global Tuition Cap.
Related News and Resources
Related News and Resources
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Access gainful employment information, including program length, tuition costs, financing options, and success rates.‡
Whether you are on your way up the corporate ladder or just getting started, our degree programs and certificates could help you prepare to take your career to a higher level.
*Source: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Paralegals and Legal Assistants, on the internet www.bls.gov/ooh/Legal/Paralegals-and-legal-assistants.htm. National long-term projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions, and do not guarantee actual job growth.
†Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Paralegals are not lawyers and cannot practice law or give legal advice to consumers.
‡Purdue University acquired Kaplan University in March 2018 and created Purdue University Global, which is following the same curriculum format and instructional delivery methods as developed and used by Kaplan University. These disclosures are based on Kaplan University data reported prior to the acquisition.