Nurse Educator Postgraduate Certificate Overview
Sharing knowledge—general or specialized—with nursing students can be a rewarding and challenging career option for many nursing professionals. If you have a master's degree in nursing, this postgraduate certificate in nursing education provides the opportunity to study the theory and practice of nursing education as well as advanced nursing concepts.
You'll learn to prepare nurses to address health care problems in a variety of ways:
- Develop courses and programs that integrate nursing and educational philosophy.
- Teach patients and their families.
- Provide staff development programs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of educational programs.
Prepare for Nurse Educator Certification
Earning this postgraduate certificate can help prepare you for the following certification exams*:
- National League for Nursing's Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center's Nursing Professional Development (RN-BC)
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.
Note: At this time, residents of Tennessee and Puerto Rico may not enroll in this program.