Master of Science in Finance Overview
The world of finance is constantly evolving. To pursue senior and leadership positions, you must have advanced credentials, skills, and knowledge. Our online master’s degree is designed to help you excel in all areas of this increasingly complex and diversified field. If you already have a bachelor's degree and want to advance your career, our master’s program can prepare you with the strategic skills and business expertise you’ll need to compete.
Purdue Global’s online master's degree in finance program provides comprehensive training—including assignments, reports, presentations, and group projects—to prepare you with the knowledge and skills to find solutions to real-life financial situations. You will study how to:
- Use financial and other information to make and justify business decisions.
- Identify financial risk and create a plan to minimize exposure.
- Apply financial theory to facilitate overall guidance of an organization and improve day-to-day processes such as the interpretation of financial data.
- Comply with laws, regulations, and financial principles while developing and living by a personal code of ethics.
- Compose and report clear and accurate financial information to stakeholders.
Concentrations are built into the program requirements to help you develop proficiencies that can apply to your future profession. Choose from two concentrations:
- Financial analysis: Gain the skills relevant to portfolio management and investment analysis.
- Financial planning: Develop financial plans, evaluating the appropriate principles, concepts, and frameworks for financial decision making.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.