Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Overview
Whether you are seeking entry-level employment in the criminal justice field or want to advance your current career in law enforcement or private security, Purdue Global’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice can help you pursue your goals and stay ahead of the competition.
This comprehensive criminal justice bachelor’s degree program combines professional skills training with courses designed to help you develop a strong foundation of criminal justice knowledge. Focus on the philosophy and development of the U.S. criminal justice system, applied research methods and techniques used in the field, the development of criminal law, and different types of criminal offenses.
Choose from five criminal justice concentrations to customize your degree:
- Crime scene investigation: Focus on techniques for locating, collecting, and analyzing crime scene evidence.
- Forensic psychology: Study psychology within the context of the criminal justice system.
- Homeland security: Examine the origins of terrorism, response methods to weapons of mass destruction and other disaster incidents, crisis negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Juvenile justice: Explore the unique needs of youth in today's justice system.
- Law enforcement: Focus on landmark Supreme Court cases and how the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights apply in criminal law.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.