Master of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
Rising concern over homeland security and increasing emphasis on education within law enforcement agencies have led to a greater demand for qualified criminal justice administrators and instructors nationwide. If you already have a bachelor's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college and want to further your career, Purdue Global's Master of Science in Criminal Justice program offers a convenient, flexible opportunity to earn a criminal justice master’s degree.
Criminal Justice Master’s Program Highlights
Our online criminal justice master’s degree program is designed to provide you with the credentials for advancement in a rapidly evolving career field. Through our convenient courses, you can interact with industry professionals who are dedicated to helping you:
- Analyze the causes of criminal behavior in various cultures around the world, with an emphasis on the causes of social deviance
- Focus on organizational behavior; management and leadership of human resources; and design and structural processes in criminal justice organizations
- Explore various research methods and focus on developing the skills needed to design and conduct applied research and evaluate data
- Study recent legislation and case law at the state and federal levels in areas such as law enforcement, criminal procedure, civil and criminal liability, civil rights, employment law, and substance abuse
Higher Education at the Highest Standards
Purdue University Global is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and committed to the highest standards. Our specific programs hold additional industry-relevant approvals and accreditations.
What are the Career Opportunities?
As a graduate, you can be prepared to pursue a variety of job opportunities within public and private sectors, including the following*:
- Federal, state, and local government agencies
- Postsecondary educational institutions
- Police departments
- Regional loss prevention departments
What Courses Will I Take?
Curriculum in the Master of Science in Criminal Justice focuses on criminological and management theories, organizational behavior, and research methods related to the field. The program culminates with an applied research project. Courses include:
- Criminological Theory
- Organizational Behavior
- Critical Issues in Criminal Justice
- Applied Research in Criminal Justice
- Academic and Professional Communications in Public Safety
- Core Credits30
- Major Credits 20
- Open Elective Credits5
- Total Credits55
Tuition and Fees
Select Your Options
Online, Rockville, Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin
number of credits
Tuition does not include University fees and associated program fees. View tuition and fee information or contact an Admissions Advisor for more information.
Indiana resident military veterans: tuition for online undergraduate degree and certificate programs is $220.00 per quarter credit hour.
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Access gainful employment information, including program length, tuition costs, financing options, and success rates.†
Whether you are on your way up the corporate ladder or just getting started, our degree programs and certificates could help you prepare to take your career to a higher level.
*Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Local, state, and federal law enforcement jobs may require additional training or education including additional state-approved higher education beyond Purdue Global's degree. You should fully research the requirements of any such position you intend to seek prior to enrolling in your program. Graduates of Purdue Global criminal justice programs are not eligible to attend police academies in Minnesota.
†Purdue University acquired Kaplan University in March 2018 and created Purdue University Global, which is following the same curriculum format and instructional delivery methods as developed and used by Kaplan University. These disclosures are based on Kaplan University data reported prior to the acquisition.