Online Master of Science in Nursing Program Overview
Nursing is undergoing a radical transformation, with advanced practice registered nurses taking on greater responsibilities across the health care industry. At Purdue Global, you can earn a valuable nursing credential online to help advance your career.*
Purdue Global's online master's degree in nursing builds on your nursing education and practical experience, offering you leadership and independent practice opportunities. The degree plan includes specialized courses in organizational theory, health care finance, health policy, human resources, information technology, and health care systems.
Purdue Global is committed to your health, safety, and academic achievement. In response to the ever-changing situation caused by the COVID-19 virus, Purdue Global has replaced the 2.5-day, in-person skills intensive with a virtual experience for all terms through April 2021, providing an innovative alternative to performing the duties required in the skills lab.
Each option includes a guided clinical experience.
- Adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner: Provide direct care for acutely and critically ill patients. This population focus area also includes an online skills lab that incorporates an Oculus Quest VR headset for a virtual lab experience, allowing you to work remotely with faculty and staff.†
- Adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner: Promote holistic health care to members of the adult and older adult population through assessment, diagnosis, and comprehensive treatment of chronic health problems.
- Executive leader: Focus on the principles of personnel management, policy development and implementation, budgeting, and the use of information technology.
- Family nurse practitioner, primary care: Promote holistic health care to adults and children in a family systems context through the assessment, diagnosis, and management of chronic health problems.
- Nurse educator: Focus on developing courses and programs that integrate nursing and educational philosophy.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to the master's in nursing program.
Note: Residents of TN may not enroll in this program. Residents of the following states and territories may not enroll in the nurse practitioner population focus areas: HI, LA, NJ, NY, ND, OR, TN, UT, WV, Guam, Puerto Rico. In addition, residents of DC or WA may not enroll in the acute care adult-gerontology nurse practitioner population focus area. Residents of IL, IN, or WI may not enroll in the executive leader or nurse educator concentration.
Some pathways are not available to international students.