Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity Overview
Many organizations are now identifying cyberattacks themselves, rather than relying on the services of external sources. Our online cybersecurity bachelor’s degree helps you develop the skills and knowledge to protect companies from a wide range of cyberthreats.
This online cybersecurity degree provides rigorous training to help you master the fundamentals of cybersecurity, recognize best practices, and identify IT security threats and products.
Coursework in this program is focused on preparing you to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply security principles and practices to maintain operations in the presence of risks and threats.
Students are assessed each term on their mastery of the course outcomes, which measure the skills, knowledge, abilities, and behaviors employers expect. View of summary of these assessments and access recent enrollment and graduation rate data.