Master of Science in Health Education Overview
With the focus of America's health care system shifting to the prevention of illness and the promotion of healthier lifestyles, a master’s in health education from Purdue Global can empower you to help others live healthier lives.
Health educators encourage people to learn how to get and stay healthy. The online master's in health education focuses on the skills and knowledge related to public and community health education.
Curriculum is focused on preparing you to:
- Identify major concepts, theories, issues, and trends in health education and promotion.
- Develop and analyze health education programs using the proper concepts, principles, and methods.
- Design and critique research in health education programming.
- Gain an understanding of multicultural literacy in the field of health education and wellness.
- Uphold the professional standards outlined in the Health Education Code of Ethics.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.