Bachelor of Science in Analytics Overview
An unimaginable 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are created every day.‡ Industries investing in big data solutions are expected to help drive the worldwide revenues for business analytics solutions to more than $260 billion in 2022.§ Technology professionals with expertise in data science and analytics can make all the difference for the future success of a business.
Purdue Global’s 100% online degree in analytics includes curriculum designed to help you sharpen and learn relevant skills in this demanding field. Course topics include Apache Hadoop, Hive, Pig, and Spark, big data, data governance, data science, database architecture, database schemas, enterprise data management, machine learning, MapReduce, MongoDB, NoSQL, online analytical processing (OLAP), predictive analytics, and SAP Analytics. You can also choose optional concentrations in supply chain management and logistics or game development.
Our analytics degree offers you a solid foundation to pursue valuable IT certifications. As a graduate, your degree and any certifications you have earned can prepare you to work in the field of data analytics.#
Coursework in the Bachelor of Science in Analytics will prepare you to:
- Analyze a complex set of data and apply principles of analysis and other relevant disciplines to create requested reports.
- Design, implement, and evaluate an analytics-based solution to meet a given set of requirements in the context of the discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in analyzing data based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the analysis of data.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.