Online Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
Program at a Glance
- Develop the knowledge you need to advance in your current ABA career or explore other opportunities in the field.
- Prepare to sit for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst® Examination.
- Learn from faculty who are working professionals in the behavior analysis field.
We offer multiple start dates to give you flexibility in your education, life, and work schedules.
Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis Overview
Expand your knowledge of behavioral disabilities with Purdue Global’s postgraduate certificate in applied behavior analysis.
The online postgraduate ABA certificate program provides you with an opportunity to
- Understand how behavioral theories relate to real-world situations.
- Employ assessment and intervention treatment procedures in applied behavior analysis.
- Critically evaluate and relate psychological and behavioral theories and concepts to various situations within the field of applied behavior analysis.
- Apply evidence-based theoretical and conceptual foundations of applied behavior analysis to arrive at appropriate professional practice strategies.
- Understand and apply legal, ethical, individual, cultural, and social validity standards and guidelines set forth within the field of applied behavior analysis.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.
This program meets certification requirements for the BCBA® examination in specific states. Refer to Licensure and State Authorization for additional information on licensure and state authorizations.
The Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) has verified the course sequence the Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis toward the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst examination®.*
You’ll have access to CBA learning modules for ABA to supplement coursework and help you prepare for the exam.
Note: Applicants will need to meet additional requirements before they can be deemed eligible to take the examination. Refer to the BACB’s website (www.BACB.com) for full eligibility requirements.
Purdue University Global Is Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
The HLC (HLCommission.org) is an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
A bachelor’s degree is required to enroll in a graduate certificate program. You will need to provide an official transcript that shows completion of your bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, though an unofficial copy may be provided during the application process. Refer to the University Catalog or speak to an Advisor to learn more.
Ways to Save
Title IV federal financial aid is available for many of our degree programs.
Corporate Partner Benefits
Employees of Purdue Global partner organizations may be eligible for special tuition reductions.
International Tuition Reduction
International students living outside of the United States are eligible for a 25% tuition reduction.
Calculate your estimated tuition and ways to save.
ABA Career Responsibilities
With a Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis, career responsibilities may include:
- Conducting descriptive and systematic behavioral assessments including functional analyses
- Improving the skills and achievements of children in school settings
- Enhancing the development, abilities, and choices of children and adults with different kinds of disabilities
- Increasing the performance and satisfaction of employees in organizations and businesses
The graduate resource center and ABA student site offer resources to support students in psychology programs.
Students are invited to join organizations such as the Psychology Club, Psi Chi International Honor Society, and Autism Speaks U.
Free webinars are also available to support your learning outside of the classroom.
What Courses Will I Take?
The ABA postgraduate certificate’s curriculum includes seven courses that focus on supporting individuals who are developmentally disabled, autistic, or suffering from traumatic brain injuries.
You’ll explore behavioral concepts and theories and develop assessment and intervention skills.See All Applied Behavior Analysis Courses
- Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Concepts of Measurement and Experimental Designs
- Assessment in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Implementing Procedures for Behavior Change
- Clinical Applications, Supervision, and Management
- Core Credits30
- Total Credits30
Draw upon foundational principles in the field of applied behavior analysis to provide assessments, design behavior intervention plans, and evaluate the effectiveness of treatment of children and adults with special needs. Possible job settings include mental health, social services, or educational centers.
Top 5 Skills Employers Are Looking for:
- Active Listening
- Service Orientation
- Social Perceptiveness
Top Jobs With This Degree
Labor market, salary, and projected growth information are supplied by Emsi. Average salary range is based on national data. Projected growth represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2018–2030) at the state level and is based on your geographic location. Actual outcomes vary by geographic area, previous work experience, and opportunities for employment. Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment placement, salary level, or career advancement.
The professional practice of psychology is regulated by each state, and the degree requirements of this program do not guarantee or prepare you for licensure in any state upon graduation.
Get to Know Our Faculty
Purdue Global faculty members are real-world practitioners who bring knowledge gained through the powerful combination of higher learning and industry experience.View Psychology Faculty Directory
Statistics include all Purdue Global faculty members and are not school or program-specific calculations. Source: Purdue Global Office of Reporting and Analysis, July 2020. 2019–2020 academic year.
Discover your work interests, and use them to chart your ideal career path.
Download our brochure to learn more about our psychology programs and the benefits of earning your certificate at Purdue Global.
*Refer to the BACB’s website (www.BACB.com) for full eligibility requirements. The BACB verifies university training as meeting its eligibility requirements; it does not accredit university programs. Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.