Bachelor's Degree in Professional Studies Overview
Do you have prior college-level learning? Take your accomplishments and apply them toward an online bachelor’s degree in professional studies at Purdue Global. This customizable program is an excellent choice if you want to design your own curriculum. You could receive degree credit for prior coursework from an accredited institution, an experiential portfolio, open courses, examinations, military training, or other experiential learning.
We offer two online pathways to your bachelor’s in professional studies: a traditional term-based program and an independent study program.
|Traditional Term-Based Model
||Independent Self-Study Model
|Progress through your bachelor's degree on scheduled terms at Purdue Global
||Self-paced until the last course (capstone) of your bachelor's degree
|Earn credit by passing Purdue Global courses
||Earn credit by passing Assessments of Skills and Knowledge (ASKs)
|Choose eligible instructor-led courses that align with your ILP
||Choose from the list of ASKs that align with your ILP
|Tuition based on per-credit-hour pricing
||Monthly tuition fee, ASK fees, and tuition for the capstone course
|Eligible for financial and military aid for those who qualify
|Outstanding loans may be deferred
||Outstanding loans cannot be deferred
Begin by Creating an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP)
Work with a Purdue Global faculty advisor to custom design a degree pathway known as an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP).
- Create your personal career-goal statement.
- Review your previously earned college credits.
- Evaluate your prior experience for college credit.
- Learn what is required to meet the degree program.
- Identify potential course assessments and options to fulfill degree requirements.
Choose an Optional Concentration
- Leadership: Build foundational knowledge of leadership by learning the importance of communication, organizational behavior, and how to manage team dynamics as you learn how these skills fit into the big picture of an organization.
- Industrial/organizational psychology: Learn how principles of psychology can improve the effectiveness of a business organization. You will develop an understanding of how to manage and motivate talent, develop your leadership potential, and how to accurately assess improvements needed for organizational behaviors.
- Supply chain logistics: Gain an understanding of the planning and management activities in the complex world of supply chain logistics. You will learn the principles of source, conversion, and logistics while learning how to apply necessary qualitative and quantitative methodologies related to supply chain management.