Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Overview
As demand for IT talent continues to exceed the supply, employers are rethinking their approaches to recruiting, training, and management.† Purdue Global’s online bachelor’s degree in information technology helps prepare you with the knowledge and skills you need to meet this demand and advance in this dynamic field.
This bachelor’s degree in information technology is designed to provide the technical knowledge and communication, critical thinking, and creative skills relevant to the modern workplace. Coursework is focused on preparing you to:
- Apply current technical tools and methodologies to solve problems.
- Analyze users’ technical issues and design information systems.
- Evaluate IT trends, practices, and products.
- Assess the potential impact of information systems and technology on business processes.
- Apply project management practices, tools, and methods.
Concentrations allow you to personalize your education by focusing your electives on an area of study that best fits your desired career path. Choose from four options:
- Information security and assurance: Study topics in computer forensics, network administration, and intrusion detection and incident response.
- IT management: Choose electives in diverse areas such as certified ethical hacking, CISSP, application development, project management, and information system security.
- Network administration: Focus on infrastructure design and troubleshooting networks.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.