Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
The objective of the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program is to help you prepare for career advancement in the information technology (IT) field by providing the technical knowledge, and communication, critical thinking, and creative skills relevant to the modern workplace. The degree program is designed to help you develop a working knowledge of IT concepts, tools, and methods as well as the leading-edge technologies needed to design information systems.
In addition, courses teach you how to apply technical competencies to solve business problems. Whether your immediate educational goals are satisfied by the completion of a bachelor's degree or you are planning to pursue study in the information technology field beyond the baccalaureate level, this degree program may be for you.
Purdue Global's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET, www.abet.org.
ExcelTrackTM Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Now Available.
ExcelTrack is a personalized, competency-based education that gives you more control over how you learn—getting you to the same degree faster, for less money.
The following program educational objectives are approved by information technology faculty and the Advisory Board:
- Our graduates will be able to evaluate and apply current IT best practices when solving real world problems in complex IT environments
- Our graduates will be able to demonstrate their ability to work within diverse teams, and to use effective written and oral communication skills when analyzing and designing IT solutions
- Our graduates will be able to assess the impact of information technology on business processes and apply effective and ethically sound solutions locally and globally.
- Technology Skills: Apply current technical tools and methodologies to solve problems.
- Client Specifications: Analyze users' technical issues.
- System Specifications: Design information systems.
- Technology Analysis: Evaluate IT trends, practices, and products.
- Business Analysis: Evaluate the potential impact of information systems and technology on business processes.
- Project Management: Apply project management practices, tools, and methods.
- Professional Development: Recognize the ethical considerations for IT professionals locally and globally as they develop in their careers.
Each term students are assessed on their mastery of the course outcomes which measure the skills, knowledge, abilities and behaviors employers expect. A summary of these assessments can be found here.
To access recent enrollment and graduation rate data for this program click here.
Accelerated Master’s Degree Option
Interested in continuing on to pursue a graduate degree? Earning a minimum course grade in select bachelor's degree courses can gain you entry into a shortened version of Purdue Global's master’s degree in information technology or cybersecurity management. Complete both your bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in less time and at a lower cost than completing both programs separately. For details and eligibility requirements, speak to an Education Advisor upon enrollment in this bachelor’s degree program.
Higher Education at the Highest Standards
Purdue University Global is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and committed to the highest standards. Our specific programs hold additional industry-relevant approvals and accreditations.
What are the Career Opportunities?
This degree program could help you pursue careers in:
- Database management
- Network administration
- Website development
- Information security
Our programs are designed to prepare you with the integrated design and technology background to work in many industries, including consulting. You can focus on an area of study that best fits your career and educational goals.Request Info
What Courses Will I Take?
You can choose to pursue a concentration, which is a grouping of courses designed to prepare you with specialized knowledge and skills in a specific field. Concentrations allow you to personalize your education by focusing your elective choices on an area of study that best fits your desired career path. Choose from:
- Information security and assurance
- IT management
- Network administration
- Programming and software development
- Core Credits33
- Major Credits105
- Elective Credits42
- Total Credits180
Tuition and Fees
Select Your Options
Online, Rockville, Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin
number of credits
Tuition does not include University fees and associated program fees. View tuition and fee information or contact an Admissions Advisor for more information.
Indiana resident military veterans: tuition for online undergraduate degree and certificate programs is $220.00 per quarter credit hour.
Related News and Resources
Related News and Resources
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Access gainful employment information, including program length, tuition costs, financing options, and success rates.†
- Kaplan University, Online
- Augusta Campus
- Cedar Falls Campus
- Cedar Rapids Campus
- Davenport Campus
- Des Moines Campus
- Hagerstown Campus
- Indianapolis Campus
- Lewiston Campus
- Lincoln Campus
- Mason City Campus
- Milwaukee Campus
- Omaha Campus
- Rockville Learning Center
- South Portland Campus
- St. Louis Learning Center
Whether you are on your way up the corporate ladder or just getting started, our degree programs and certificates could help you prepare to take your career to a higher level.
*Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement.
†Purdue University acquired Kaplan University in March 2018 and created Purdue University Global, which is following the same curriculum format and instructional delivery methods as developed and used by Kaplan University. These disclosures are based on Kaplan University data reported prior to the acquisition.