Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Overview
As demand for IT talent continues to exceed the supply, employers are rethinking their approaches to recruiting, training, and management.† Purdue Global’s online bachelor’s degree in information technology helps prepare you with the knowledge and skills you need to meet this demand and advance in this dynamic field.
This bachelor’s degree in information technology is designed to provide the technical knowledge and communication, critical thinking, and creative skills relevant to the modern workplace. Coursework is focused on preparing you to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Identify and analyze user needs to take them into account in the selection, creation, integration, evaluation, and administration of computing-based systems.
Information technology concentrations allow you to personalize your education by focusing your electives on an area of study that best fits your desired career path. Choose from four options:
- Information security and assurance: Study topics in computer forensics, network administration, and intrusion detection and incident response.
- IT management: Choose electives in diverse areas such as certified ethical hacking, CISSP, application development, project management, and information system security.
- Network administration: Focus on infrastructure design and troubleshooting networks.
- Supply chain management and logistics: Develop an understanding of the primary processes of supply chain management and logistics including procurement, transportation, and maintenance of facilities, materials, and personnel. Purdue University Global is a member of the SAP University Alliances program.
Students are assessed each term on their mastery of the course outcomes, which measure the skills, knowledge, abilities, and behaviors employers expect. A summary of these assessments can be found here. To access recent enrollment and graduation rate data for this program, view this document.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.