Bachelor of Science in Legal Support and Services Overview
An online bachelor's degree in legal support and services is not just for those seeking to work in a law firm. Corporations, insurance firms, consulting firms, and health care institutions often hire legal support and services staff. Purdue Global's online bachelor's degree can prepare you to pursue a new career or advancement in the legal support and services or paralegal field.
Courses in Purdue Global’s online degree program in legal support and services offer a well-rounded academic foundation that emphasizes analytical thinking, reading comprehension, and communication skills. Gain a solid understanding of legal theory and practice including broad-based knowledge of the law and practical areas of study required by many professions both inside and outside the legal field.
Faculty are practitioners with experience in legal services, law, and policy, and teach courses focused on:
- Theory and principles: Define the basic theories, elements, and principles of law such as justice, natural law, civil rights, and the social contract between a citizen and the government.
- Research: Find relevant primary and secondary legal sources in electronic and print media and apply them to specific fact scenarios using prescribed analysis and argument.
- Real-world applications: Apply legal principles and research data to the analysis of social, political, and economic issues.
- Practical and technical skills: Develop skills in legal research and legal writing and competencies relevant to many legal support positions.
- Professional competencies: Exhibit professionalism while assisting during legal proceedings or investigations, preparing documents, managing technology, and researching legal issues.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.