Master of Science in Accounting Overview
If you have successfully completed a bachelor's degree in business, Purdue Global’s Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) degree could be your next step in discovering mid-to-senior-level opportunities.
The master’s in accounting program is designed to enrich skills in auditing, taxation, cost accounting, and financial accounting. The curriculum focuses on:
- Generating and analyzing accounting data
- Creating quality improvement processes, compliance strategies, and reimbursement procedures
- Conducting research
- Addressing risk management and legal issues
- Managing an accounting department
Choose from three concentrations to meet your specific interests and goals:
- Public Accounting—CPA Track: Develop financial accounting, audit, tax, and planning skills relevant to CPA candidates. Focus on governmental accounting, business advising, and building analytical skills.
- Private/Corporate Accounting—CMA Track: Build private sector accounting skills and focus on planning, budgeting, analysis, internal control, and decision support.
- Tax: Study the concepts and processes relevant to tax research, including the Internal Revenue Code, treasury regulations, and federal and state tax cases.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.