Purdue University Global is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
For more information, visit their website at HLCommission.org. Use the links under "Contact Us" to reach the Commission.
Programmatic Approvals and Additional Accreditation
Select an area of study to learn more about additional approvals and accreditations and/or restrictions applicable to programs offered within that area.
Business and Information Technology
Purdue Global's School of Business and Information Technology has received programmatic accreditation from the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET for the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
With ABET accreditation, students, employers, and all those served by the University can be confident that a program meets the quality standards that produce graduates prepared to enter a global workforce.
415 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
Programs in the School of Business and Information Technology have received programmatic accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP accreditation includes the following Purdue Global business degree programs:
- Associate of Applied Science in Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Management and Leadership
ACBSP promotes continuous improvement and recognizes excellence in the accreditation of business education programs around the world.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
Purdue Global's Master of Science in Finance with a concentration in financial planning is a CFP Board-Registered Program in financial planning education. The Master of Science in Finance with a concentration in financial planning meets the specific criteria for educating individuals who wish to fulfill the education component for obtaining CFP® certification.
Individuals who meet CFP Board's education requirement are eligible to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination. Successful completion of the education and examination components completes two of the core prerequisites to obtain CFP® certification.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™, and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
The Society for Human Resource Management
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) has acknowledged that the following programs fully align with SHRM’s HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates:
- Master of Science in Management and Leadership with a concentration in human resources
- Master of Business Administration with a concentration in human resources
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in human resources
The HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates were developed by SHRM to define the minimum HR content areas that should be studied by HR students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The guidelines—created in 2006 and revalidated in 2010 and 2013—are part of SHRM’s Academic Initiative to define HR education standards taught in university business schools and help universities develop degree programs that follow these standards.
American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
The Purdue University Global Medical Billing and Coding Certificate program is approved by the AHIMA Professional Certificate Approval Program (PCAP). This designation acknowledges the coding program as having been evaluated by a peer-review process using a national minimum set of standards for entry-level coding professionals. This process allows academic institutions to be acknowledged as offering an AHIMA-approved coding certificate program.
A directory of AHIMA-approved programs, which includes Purdue Global’s certificate program, may be found at www.ahima.org/education/academic-affairs/PCAP.
Commission for Accreditation of Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
The Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management program is in candidacy status, pending accreditation review by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
The Cedar Rapids and Davenport, Iowa, Lewiston, Maine (with an additional location in Augusta), and Lincoln, Nebraska, locations voluntarily withdrew accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) for the Medical Assistant Certificate program in August 2018. The Des Moines, Iowa, location voluntarily withdrew accreditation for the certificate program in August 2019. All students enrolled in the certificate program at the above locations prior to voluntary accreditation withdrawal will graduate from a CAAHEP-accredited program.
Inquiries may be made at:
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
Purdue Global, which offers the Master of Health Informatics and Master of Health Information Management programs, is recognized by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) as an Approved Education Partner (AEP). As a HIMSS AEP, Purdue Global has met HIMSS’s rigorous standards for delivering world-class, effective health care and health IT education. HIMSS-approved educational programs provide advanced knowledge in health information and technology or health care and prepare candidates to sit for the CAHIMS or CPHIMS exam.
A directory of HIMSS-approved programs, which includes the Purdue Global Master of Health Informatics and Master of Health Information Management, may be found at www.himss.org/get-involved/approved-education-partner/find-an-aep.
Concord Law School
Concord Law School is authorized to operate as a degree-granting institution in the state of California and is accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners of the State Bar of California:
180 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Concord’s degree-granting authority in connection with its students qualifying to take the California Bar Examination and obtaining admission to the practice of law in California (Juris Doctor Program) is based on its accreditation by the Committee of Bar Examiners of the State Bar of California.
If study is completed in conformance with Title IV, Division 1 of the Rules of the State Bar of California (Admission Rules) and all other requirements are met, graduates of the Juris Doctor program are eligible to sit for the California Bar Examination and obtain admission to practice law in California.
National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)
NALA, the professional association for paralegals, recognizes the Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services and the Bachelor of Science in Legal Support and Services as meeting the coursework criteria for eligibility to sit for the Certified Paralegal Examination.
7666 East 61st Street, Suite 315
Tulsa, OK 74133
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master's degree in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and postgraduate APRN certificate programs at Purdue Global are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
Iowa Board of Nursing
The Associate of Science in Nursing program offered onsite at Cedar Rapids and Des Moines is approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
Iowa Board of Nursing
400 SW 8th Street, Suite B
Des Moines, IA 50309-4685
Maine State Board of Nursing
The Associate of Science in Nursing and the Prelicensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing program offered onsite in Augusta are granted initial approval by the Maine State Board of Nursing:
161 Capitol Street
158 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0158
Nebraska Board of Nursing and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
The Practical Nursing Diploma program and the Prelicensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing program offered onsite in Omaha, and the Associate of Science in Nursing program offered onsite in Lincoln are approved by the Nebraska Board of Nursing and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services can be contacted at:
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
Regulation and Licensure
PO Box 95007
Lincoln, NE 68509-5007
Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education
Purdue Global is recognized by the U.S. Fire Administration as an official Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education institution:
International Fire Service Accreditation Congress
Purdue Global's College of Social and Behavioral Sciences has received programmatic accreditation from the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) for the following programs:
- Associate of Applied Science in Fire Science
- Bachelor of Science in Fire and Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Science
International Fire Service Accreditation Congress
IFSAC Administrative Office
1812 Tyler Avenue
Stillwater, OK 74078
Social and Behavioral Sciences
The Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI)
The Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) has verified the course sequence of the Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Applied Behavior Analysis and the Applied Behavior Analysis Postbaccalaureate Certificate as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst® examination given by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board®, Inc. (BACB®)
The ABAI has also verified the course sequence of the Master of Science in Psychology’s applied behavior analysis concentration and the Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the BACB's Board Certified Behavior Analyst® examination. Applicants will have to meet additional requirements to qualify. Please refer to the BACB’s website for full eligibility requirements (www.BACB.com).
The BACB can be contacted at:
Behavior Analyst Certification Board
8051 Shaffer Parkway
Littleton, CO 80127
National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission
The online Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addictions, the online Master of Science in Psychology with a concentration in addictions, and the online Graduate Certificate in Addictions are accredited by the National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission (NASAC). The NASAC can be contacted at:
U.S. State and Other Approvals
Refer to the Licensure and State Authorization page for more information.
- The Bachelor of Science in Human Services in Youth/Family Services and Administration and Master of Science in Human Services programs are members of the Council for Standards in Human Service Education (CSHSE). The CSHSE can be contacted at:
Council for Standards in Human Service Education (CSHSE)
1935 South Plum Grove Road
Palatine, IL 60067
- The NAADAC (Association for Addiction Professionals) has designated Purdue Global as an Approved Education Provider for meeting nationally approved standards of education for the alcoholism and drug abuse counseling field. This approval includes the online Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addictions, the online Master of Science in Psychology with a concentration in addictions, and the online Graduate Certificate in Addictions. The NAADAC can be contacted at:
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 301
Alexandria, VA 22314
Purdue Global also holds additional approvals and authorizations.
- Purdue Global is a licensed testing center for the Travel Institute. Tests are offered at select University locations.
- Purdue Global is an authorized participant of the Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 1322.25, Change 3 (Voluntary Education Programs), effective July 7, 2014; as a result, Purdue Global is authorized to receive military tuition assistance (TA) funds.
- Purdue Global is approved and authorized by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to receive veterans educational benefit funds. NOTE: Purdue Global complies with Title 38/10 requirements, and notably Sec. 103 of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018.
- Purdue Global has SAA approval (state specific) for many of its programs open to enrollment for those eligible to receive Veteran Educational Benefits.
- Purdue Global is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant, alien students.
- Purdue Global programs are recognized by the following agencies and federal laws:
- Dislocated Workers Center
- Iowa Workforce Development Center (TAA)
- Job Training Partnership Act
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services