ExcelTrackTM Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing and Solutions
The shift to the cloud is transforming nearly every industry. As cloud computing evolves, organizations must move from the experimentation phase to full-scale implementation—but they need highly skilled IT professionals with a deep understanding of emerging technologies prepared to take on this challenge.
- 50% of production workloads in regulated industries will move to the cloud
- Enterprise applications will widely adopt cloud-native architectures
Purdue Global’s online degree equips graduates with not only the technical skills, but also the strategic and business acumen to lead companies across this new frontier.
The ExcelTrack™ bachelor’s degree in cloud computing and solutions offers affordable, competency-based learning that puts you in control of your education. You can speed past what you already know and focus only on gaining new, relevant skills and knowledge. See exactly how the program works below.
Note: this program is not eligible for Title IV federal financial aid. Program is not available to residents of Missouri or Florida.
Same Degree—Just a Whole New Way to Earn It.
ExcelTrackTM is a revolutionary way to earn your degree, giving you more control, more flexibility, and more opportunities to leverage the skills and experience you have today. ExcelTrackTM is personal. It lets you focus on the specific skills you need to learn to earn your degree, while saving you time and money along the way.†
Take Control of Your Education.
If you’re a motivated learner who wants to determine your own schedule and learning style, ExcelTrackTM was made for you. It offers the same academic rigor as our traditional online program, only it’s faster and more focused. You control your pace, your deadlines, how many courses you take at a time, and which resources will help you learn best. It’s your degree, your way.
Take Smaller, Single-Credit Courses.
One of the great things about ExcelTrackTM is the single-credit courses. Unlike the five- and six-credit courses you find in our traditional online programs, each individual course aligns with a specific competency or skill. Take as many of these mini courses as you want in a 10-week term and pay one flat tuition rate of $2,200 per term.
Speed Past Topics You Know.
With ExcelTrackTM, you will complete a readiness assessment at the beginning of each course so you can see what you already know. If you’ve already learned a subject through previous studies or work experience, you can move quickly past what you know and spend time on the things you don’t.
Progress at Your Own Pace.
As you move through your courses, you can speed up or slow down as much as you want, based on your schedule and what you need to learn. If you complete a course quicker than expected, you can enroll in additional courses for the same term with no additional cost. The choice is yours.
Engage With Faculty and Be Prepared.
Each course has assigned faculty who are fully credentialed in the subject areas they’re teaching. Several of them have also led the design of these courses. Faculty will work directly with you to ensure you’ve learned all the material and are prepared for the final assessment where you’ll demonstrate your abilities in the subject.
Learn on Your Own Terms.
Work independently or access a host of online support tools and services that are available to help you learn anytime and anywhere. Choose the resources that work best for you, including video chats, discussion boards, interactive tutoring, and more.
Reach Your Goals.
Once you believe you’re prepared to move on, take the final assessment to show you meet the course requirements. Earn a “B” or higher and you pass the course. Once you complete 180 total credits, you’re done with your degree.
The ExcelTrack™ Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing and Solutions helps you build core skills and competencies that employers demand. You’ll gain relevant, practical skills through hands-on learning and virtual IT labs, and apply classroom concepts to real-world cloud computing challenges.
- Technology Skills: Apply current technical tools and methodologies to create cloud solutions.
- Client Specifications: Analyze users' cloud requirements.
- System Specifications: Design secure cloud information systems.
- Technology Analysis: Evaluate cloud computing trends, practices, and products.
- Cloud Analysis: Evaluate the potential impact of cloud-based information systems and technology on business processes.
- Project Management: Apply project management practices, tools, and methods to cloud solutions.
- Professional Development: Recognize the ethical considerations for IT professionals locally and globally as they develop in their careers.
Prepare for Certification
The program provides a foundation for critical industry certifications, including‡:
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials and Cloud+
- Microsoft MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Microsoft MCSA: Linux on Azure
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect—Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect— Professional
- AWS Certified Developer— Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator—Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer—Professional
- (ISC)² Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Cloud
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Cloud
Higher Education at the Highest Standards
Purdue University Global is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and committed to the highest standards. Our specific programs hold additional industry-relevant approvals and accreditations.
What are the Career Opportunities?
Whether you’re preparing for entry-level management positions or want to advance your current career, the ExcelTrack™ Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing and Solutions may help you qualify for positions such as§:
- Computer and information systems manager
- Computer and information research scientist
- Computer systems analyst
- Database administrator
- Network and computer systems administrator
- Computer network architect
Successful completion of this program may also provide you with the academic foundation required to further your education beyond the baccalaureate level.#
What Courses Will I Take?
Our Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing and Solutions prepares you with relevant skills you can apply immediately in the workplace. All courses are reviewed and revised continually by our dedicated curriculum department and advisory board to ensure they reflect the most recent developments in the field. Courses topics include:
- Cloud infrastructure administration
- Application development and scripting in the cloud
- Virtualization and cloud security
- Cloud services management
- Security testing for cloud applications
- Advanced cloud security
- Software development operations in cloud environments
- Migrating data and applications to the cloud
- Core Credits40
- Major Credits128
- Open Elective Credits12
- Total Credits180
Tuition and Fees
Select Your Options
Unlimited Courses for a Flat Rate
180 number of credits
Tuition does not include University fees and associated program fees. View tuition and fee information or contact an Admissions Advisor for more information.
Related News and Resources
Related News and Resources
Whether you are on your way up the corporate ladder or just getting started, our degree programs and certificates could help you prepare to take your career to a higher level.
*Source: Oracle, Cloud Predictions 2018
†ExcelTrack™ is designed to accelerate progress based on existing knowledge; however, degree pace and time and cost savings will vary by individual. Students must enroll in a minimum number of credits per term to remain eligible for financial aid. Refer to the Financial Information section of the University Catalog for additional information.
‡Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
§Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Job titles and responsibilities may vary from organization to organization.
#The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs.