The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship (MyCAA) is a workforce development program that provides tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. The scholarship assists military spouses in pursuing licenses, certificates, certifications, or associate’s degrees necessary to gain employment in high-demand, high-growth portable career fields and occupations.
The MyCAA program is open to eligible spouses under the below program guidelines. Spouses are subject to eligibility criteria and revised funding limits:
- Spouses of an Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine servicemember, or active Reserve member in the pay grades of E-1 to E-5, W-1 and W-2, or O1 and O-2 are eligible.
- National Guard and/or AGR sponsors must be on federal Title 10 active-duty orders as reported in DEERS.
- Spouses of Guard/Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post-deployment status are not eligible.
- MyCAA accounts are limited to the new $4,000 maximum benefit with a $2,000 fiscal year cap. Waivers are available for spouses pursuing licensure or certification up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.
- Spouses must finish their program of study within 3 years from the start date of the first course.
- Funding is limited to only associate's degrees, certifications, and licensure programs.