Many students have questions about the military education benefits they may have earned through their service or if they can use these benefits at Purdue Global. From military tuition assistance to information on benefits for military spouses, this is where you can learn about options available to servicemembers (including Guard and Reserve units), veterans, and their spouses.
The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship (MyCAA) is a workforce development program that provides tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. The scholarship assists military spouses in pursuing licenses, certificates, certifications, or associate’s degrees necessary to gain employment in high-demand, high-growth portable career fields and occupations.
The MyCAA program is open to eligible spouses under the below program guidelines. Spouses are subject to eligibility criteria and revised funding limits:
- Spouses of an Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine servicemember, or active Reserve member in the pay grades of E-1 to E-5, W-1 and W-2, or O1 and O-2 are eligible.
- National Guard and/or AGR sponsors must be on federal Title 10 active-duty orders as reported in DEERS.
- Spouses of Guard/Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post-deployment status are not eligible.
- MyCAA accounts are limited to the new $4,000 maximum benefit with a $2,000 fiscal year cap. Waivers are available for spouses pursuing licensure or certification up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.
- Spouses must finish their program of study within 3 years from the start date of the first course.
- Funding is limited to only associate's degrees, certifications, and licensure programs.