It’s time to earn your next credential and advance your career as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner. Be ready to make an impact in one of the most critical areas of health care.
- Create real career opportunities — with the shortage of psychiatrists along with an increased demand for mental health care, the nation is facing an urgent need for nurses equipped to provide such services.
- Take courses online while balancing your nursing career.
- Prepare for opportunities in both virtual or in-person mental health services.
- Gain hands-on experience through a local clinical experience with a qualified preceptor.
- Prepare for the ANCC’s Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification.
Gain the Expertise That Employers — and Your Patients — Need
- Assess, diagnose, monitor, treat, and manage psychiatric mental health disorders, organic brain disorders, substance abuse problems, and complex co-occurring diseases.
- Collaborate with the individual and other health care professionals to provide high-quality, holistic care.
- Advocate for people as they interact with the health care system.
- Practice safe, effective psychiatric mental health care by managing both health and illness states.
- Provide care that is responsive to each client's cultural and spiritual beliefs.