Master of Science in Information Technology Overview
Demand for computer and information systems managers is expected to grow as organizations increasingly adopt digital platforms and seek qualified people to lead their teams.* Prepare to meet this need with our online master’s in information technology.
The online master’s in information technology helps working professionals make the connection between IT, communications, and business to develop marketable technical, creative, and managerial skills.
Coursework is focused on preparing you to:
- Lead teams and organizations in managing information systems and their business outcomes.
- Develop efficient, effective, and secure systems solutions.
- Secure an organization’s digital assets and intellectual property.
- Manage scope, schedule, and resources to deliver quality information systems projects.
- Evaluate information systems' legal, ethical, social, and global implications to ground decisions and optimize social outcomes.
- Create business intelligence for use in evidence-based decision making.
Customize your degree plan to develop specialized expertise in your chosen career path.
- Business intelligence and analytics: Study the analysis and development of decision support systems, business intelligence, knowledge acquisition and representation models, data mining concepts, algorithms, and applications.
- Information security and assurance: Explore fundamentals such as viruses, worms, and other malicious software, as well as more high-level aspects of IT security such as network defense, ethical hacking, and computer forensics.
- Project management: Focus on every phase of the project life cycle using current software to achieve goals and objectives. Learn to control project cost and scheduling, analyze project risk and quality, and consider legal and ethical issues.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.