Master of Science in Information Technology
A master's degree in information technology could prepare you with the communication skills, critical thinking abilities, and technical competencies to help advance your career.* You will have the opportunity to apply appropriate technologies in the analysis and design of information systems, as well as assess ethical, legal, and social issues.
The Master of Science in Information Technology program is designed to provide you with an integrated design and technology background. You will have the opportunity to study:
- Information Technology Leadership: Lead teams and organizations in managing information systems and their business outcomes.
- Systems Analysis and Design: Develop efficient, effective, and secure systems solutions.
- Information System Security: Secure an organization’s digital assets and intellectual property.
- Project Management: Manage scope, schedule, and resources to deliver quality information systems projects.
- Ethical Practices: Evaluate information systems' legal, ethical, social, and global implications to ground decisions and optimize social outcomes.
- Decision Analysis: Create business intelligence for use in evidence-based decision making.
Concentrations in the Master of Science in Information Technology
This information technology degree gives students the opportunity to focus on one of three concentrations.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics: Focus on the business side of technology and study analysis and development of decision support systems, business intelligence, knowledge acquisition and representation models, data mining concepts, algorithms, and applications.
- Information Security and Assurance: In today's world, protection of data is serious business. Explore everything from fundamentals such as viruses, worms, and other malicious software to more high-level aspects of IT security like network defense, ethical hacking, and computer forensics.
- Project Management: Focus on strategic project management with an emphasis on planning, executing, and controlling phases of a project life cycle. Utilize current software to achieve project goals and objectives. Explore the principles, tools, and techniques for controlling project cost and scheduling. Analyze project risk, quality, and legal and ethical considerations in contracting and procurement. Study to develop skills to help increase the bottom line for organizations in a variety of industries.
Higher Education at the Highest Standards
Purdue University Global is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and committed to the highest standards. Our specific programs hold additional industry-relevant approvals and accreditations.
What are the Career Opportunities?
Graduates may choose to pursue a career as a consultant or start their own technology services business. You can focus on an area of study that best fits your career and educational goals.
Who Should Take This Program?
This program is designed for students with a bachelor's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university with a major in information technology, computer science, information systems, management of information systems, or a similar field of study.Request Info
What Courses Will I Take?
As a student in this master's program, you will study how to match business requirements with technology solutions, as well as project management and emerging technologies. Concentrations allow the opportunity to further customize your degree by selecting an area that best aligns with your career goals. Concentrations include:
- Business intelligence and analytics
- Information security and assurance
- Project management
- Core Credits40
- Elective Credits20
- Total Credits60
Tuition and Fees
Select Your Options
- Online, Rockville, Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin
- Iowa, Nebraska
- Select One
- Active-Duty Military
- Military Veteran
- Military Spouse
- Indiana Residents
Online, Rockville, Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin
number of credits
Tuition does not include University fees and associated program fees. View tuition and fee information or contact an Admissions Advisor for more information.
Indiana resident military veterans: tuition for online undergraduate degree and certificate programs is $220.00 per quarter credit hour.
Related News and Resources
Related News and Resources
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Access gainful employment information, including program length, tuition costs, financing options, and success rates.†
Whether you are on your way up the corporate ladder or just getting started, our degree programs and certificates could help you prepare to take your career to a higher level.
*Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement.
†Purdue University acquired Kaplan University in March 2018 and created Purdue University Global, which is following the same curriculum format and instructional delivery methods as developed and used by Kaplan University. These disclosures are based on Kaplan University data reported prior to the acquisition.