Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology Overview
Turn your passion for tech into a professional IT credential. With Purdue Global’s information technology associate's degree, you can enhance your skills and knowledge and be ready to pursue your career goals.
This online IT associate’s degree offers a solid technical foundation in creating software applications, managing databases, developing websites, installing and maintaining networks, troubleshooting hardware and software problems, and more.
Courses are reviewed and revised continually by our dedicated curriculum department and advisory board to ensure they reflect the most recent developments in the field. Coursework is focused on preparing you to:
- Use technical skills and methods to solve problems
- Analyze users’ technical needs
- Construct information technology solutions
- Understand technology trends, practices, and products
Concentrations allow you to personalize your education by focusing your electives on an area of study that best fits your desired career path. Choose from five optional career-focused concentrations:
- Cybersecurity: Explore fundamental Cybersecurity topics, certifications, and job roles. Gain essential networking skills related to CompTIA Network+ certification and build foundational security skills related to CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Data analytics: Gain exposure to the analytical methods and tools used by organizations as they leverage the value of data. Explore different uses of collected data, employ statistics in data analysis, and apply the appropriate visualization techniques for specific reporting needs.
- IT generalist: Focus on networking, database management, programming, and web development.
- Networking: Explore TCP/IP, which is the basis for all forms of networks, and focus on current industry-accepted practices for troubleshooting and administering Windows-based systems.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.