Master of Science in Higher Education Overview
Whether your interests are in administration, teaching, student services, or other areas within higher education, our interactive online courses are designed to help you pursue new opportunities or advance your career in postsecondary educational settings or colleges.
- Focus on multicultural and diversity issues affecting student development in higher education.
- Examine how technology, public policy, and financing issues affect a student’s ability to attend college.
- Explore the historical development of colleges and universities in the United States and the organizational principles that guide them.
Choose from three concentrations to customize your master's degree in higher education
- College administration and leadership: Study the principles of effective leadership as they relate to the management of academic programs and departments in a variety of postsecondary settings.
- College teaching: Explore foundations of adult learning and the use of technology in higher education settings. Develop expertise in curriculum design and implementation and in the methods and models used to assess learning outcomes.
- Student affairs: Focus on the administration of a comprehensive student services program for both on-ground and online institutions. You will also have the opportunity to complete a 120-hour internship experience.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.