ExcelTrack® Master of Science in Nursing
Program at a Glance
- Maximize your professional experience to speed through your nursing courses.
- Set your learning pace and deadlines, and choose the resources that help you learn best.
- Work directly with nursing faculty to ensure you've learned the course material.
- Specialize in the executive leader pathway.
- Complete as many courses as you want during each 10-week term for a flat tuition rate.
ExcelTrack® Master of Science in Nursing Overview
Designed for highly disciplined, self-motivated learners with strong professional nursing knowledge, the accelerated MSN program gives you the freedom to speed through course topics you know—so you can spend time on the ones you need to learn.*
Here's how the ExcelTrack® Master of Science in Nursing works:
- Each course is worth 1 credit and covers a single piece of knowledge or skill so you can move faster.
- A faculty member monitors your progress to make sure you're ready for the course's final assessment.
- Take as many ExcelTrack® courses as you can during each 10-week term for a flat rate of $3,200 (excluding fees).
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.
Note: Residents of TN may not enroll in this program. Residents of IL, IN, or WI may not enroll in the executive leader concentration. Some pathways are not available to international students.
The master's degree in nursing program at Purdue Global is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (https://www.aacnnursing.org/
Purdue Global Is Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
The HLC (HLCommission.org) is an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
A bachelor's degree with an upper-level major in nursing and an approved criminal background check is required. You will need to provide an official transcript that shows completion of your bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, though an unofficial copy may be provided during the application process. Additional requirements apply. Refer to the program-specific policy page in the University Catalog or speak to an Advisor to learn more.
Ways to Save
Why Should You Earn a Master’s Degree in Nursing at Purdue Global?
- Specialize in the executive leader pathway.
- Faculty- and preceptor-supported clinical practice experiences in your community are designed to provide knowledge and mentoring specific to your pathway.
- Current information and techniques are taught by practicing professionals who have advanced degrees in nursing and certifications in areas of specialty.
- The curriculum includes specialized courses in organizational theory, health care finance, health policy, human resources, information technology, and health care systems to help you prepare for managerial positions and advanced practice roles.†
- A Master of Science in Nursing provides a foundation for future doctoral studies.‡
- You are a self-motivated, driven student with strong time management skills.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- You have an active, unencumbered RN license in a U.S. state.
If you decide to enroll, you must complete orientation before you start classes.Learn More About ExcelTrack®
What Courses Will I Take?
The ExcelTrack® Master of Science in Nursing includes ExcelTrack® core and specialty courses and standard online clinical and final project courses.
Courses are reviewed and revised by industry experts to ensure they reflect the most recent developments in health care.See All Nursing Courses
- Advanced Nursing Roles
- Scientific and Analytic Approaches to Advanced Evidence-Based Practice
- Epidemiology and Health Promotion
- Health Policy, Ethical, and Legal Perspectives of the Health Care System
- Promoting Optimal Models and Systems for Health Care Delivery
The executive leader concentration provides further knowledge specific to your advanced role with a guided clinical practice experience. Contact an Admissions Advisor for information on the number of clinical hours required in your area of interest.
- Core Credits30
- Elective Credits30
- Total Credits60
Nursing is undergoing a radical transformation, with advanced practice nurses taking on greater responsibilities across the health care industry. Purdue Global’s accelerated Master of Science in Nursing program builds on your previous nursing education and practical experience, offering you a pathway to leadership and independent practice opportunities.
Top 5 Skills Employers Are Looking for:
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Social Perceptiveness
Top Jobs With This Degree
Labor market, salary, and projected growth information are supplied by Emsi. Average salary range is based on national data. Projected growth represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2018–2030) at the state level and is based on your geographic location. Actual outcomes vary by geographic area, previous work experience, and opportunities for employment. Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment placement, salary level, or career advancement. Additional certification or licensing may be required to work in certain fields.
Get to Know Our Faculty
Purdue Global faculty members are real-world practitioners who bring knowledge gained through the powerful combination of higher learning and industry experience.View Nursing Faculty Directory
Statistics include all Purdue Global faculty members and are not school- or program-specific calculations. Source: Purdue Global Office of Reporting and Analysis, July 2022. 2021–2022 academic year.
Discover your work interests, and use them to chart your ideal career path.
Download our brochure to learn more about the ExcelTrack® Master of Science in Nursing and the benefits of earning your degree at Purdue Global.
*ExcelTrack®: ExcelTrack® is designed to advance your progress based on existing knowledge; however, degree pace and time and cost savings will vary by individual. Students must enroll in a minimum number of credits per term to remain eligible for financial aid. Refer to the Financial Information section of the University Catalog for additional information. Enrollees will pay a per-term resource fee and associated program fees. MSN and certificate programs include traditional clinical and final project courses; tuition for these courses is charged at the standard per-credit rate.
†Employment and Career Advancement: Purdue Global does not guarantee employment placement or career advancement. Actual outcomes vary by geographic area, previous work experience and opportunities for employment. Additional certification or licensing may be required to work in certain fields.
‡Future Programs: The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning policy.