Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management
As information security breaches, cyberattacks, and online threats continue to make news around the world, organizations are looking for qualified executives with an advanced degree and experience in the field to lead the development of critical infrastructures. In fact, employment of information systems managers is projected to grow by 15% from 2014 to 2024.*
Purdue Global's master's degree program is designed to prepare you for leadership roles directing and protecting critical information infrastructures. You'll study how to develop, implement, evaluate, and update the security policies and practices that help organizations respond effectively to cyber attacks. As a graduate, you could be skilled in the management of information continuity, asset clarification and control, compliance management, incident response, and secure administration of information systems.
Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management Program Highlights
Program outcomes for this degree include:
- Theory and Principles: Evaluate theories, framework, principles, and best practices related to cybersecurity science and technology by assessing and reviewing recent cybersecurity literature and industry publications.
- Industry Research: Demonstrate the maturity to develop research topics based on cybersecurity underlying principles learned throughout the MSCM program.
- Decision Analysis: Analyze data using statistical principles for the purpose of developing or/and supporting a hypothesis.
- Critical and Analytical Thinking: Apply appropriate theories, including Request for Comments (RFCs), within cybersecurity science and technology to evaluate and mitigate risk in contexts of uncertainty.
Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management Professional Competencies
Courses within the Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management could help students develop the following skills:
- Personal presentation
- Multiculturalism and diversity
- Problem solving and critical thinking
Higher Education at the Highest Standards
Purdue University Global is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and committed to the highest standards. Our specific programs hold additional industry-relevant approvals and accreditations.
What are the Career Opportunities?
Earning your online master's degree in cybersecurity at Purdue Global may help you develop valuable skills that are applicable to a broad range of positions across the field, including†:
- Senior security policy analyst/specialist/manager
- Senior security administrator/engineer
- Security architect
- Security programmer
- Security researcher
- Senior forensics analyst/investigator
- Senior ethical hacker/penetration tester
- Senior IT auditor
What Courses Will I Take?
This master's degree program is designed to prepare you with the knowledge and skills relevant to a leadership role in the growing, dynamic field of cybersecurity. Curriculum is created by practicing professionals in the IT industry. Courses include:
- Management of Information Security
- Computer and Network Security
- Ethical Hacking and Network Defense
- Platforms, Applications, and Data Security
- Wireless, Mobile, and Cloud Security
- Computer Forensics and Investigations
- Core Credits60
- Total Credits60
Tuition and Fees
Select Your Options
- Online, Rockville, Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin
- Iowa, Nebraska
- Select One
- Active-Duty Military
- Military Veteran
- Military Spouse
- Indiana Residents
Online, Rockville, Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin
number of credits
Tuition does not include University fees and associated program fees. View tuition and fee information or contact an Admissions Advisor for more information.
Indiana resident military veterans: tuition for online undergraduate degree and certificate programs is $220.00 per quarter credit hour.
Related News and Resources
Related News and Resources
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Access gainful employment information, including program length, tuition costs, financing options, and success rates.‡
Whether you are on your way up the corporate ladder or just getting started, our degree programs and certificates could help you prepare to take your career to a higher level.
*Source: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Computer and Information Systems Managers, www.bls.gov/ooh/management/computer-and-information-systems-managers.htm. National long-term projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions, and do not guarantee actual job growth.
†Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement.
‡Purdue University acquired Kaplan University in March 2018 and created Purdue University Global, which is following the same curriculum format and instructional delivery methods as developed and used by Kaplan University. These disclosures are based on Kaplan University data reported prior to the acquisition.