Online Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Program at a Glance
- Develop and learn to use the knowledge and skills required in various occupations needing psychology backgrounds.
- Learn from psychology faculty who are working professionals in the field.
- Shorten your path to a master’s degree, including our master's degree in psychology, with the accelerated bachelor’s to master’s option.*
- Gain competencies for management with a concentration in business foundations.
We offer multiple start dates to give you flexibility in your education, life, and work schedules.
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology Overview
Gain the psychological knowledge and values, and develop the skills that can make you a desirable candidate in various fields. Purdue Global’s Bachelor of Science in Psychology also prepares you for graduate work so you can pursue more specialized careers in psychology.
- Take courses that are designed to help you develop and use psychological skills, critical thinking and the scientific approach to problem solving. Upon completion of this online psychology degree, you will be able to evaluate behavior and mental processes while applying psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues. View course details.
- Learn from psychology practitioners who have extensive experience in the field. All professors hold advanced academic degrees and relevant industry credentials.
- Work directly with faculty during office hours and enjoy no-cost individual tutoring.
- Be a part of a supportive community by joining student organizations and honor societies: Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology; Autism Speaks U; and Psychology Club.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.
If you are interested in earning a master's degree in criminal justice, homeland security and emergency management, human services, legal studies, psychology, or public administration, consider an accelerated master's degree option.
For details and eligibility requirements, speak to an Advisor.View Master's Degrees
Purdue Global Is Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
The HLC (HLCommission.org) is an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
You must be a high school graduate or possess a General Educational Development (GED) certificate or other equivalency diploma. You are also encouraged to complete orientation before you start classes. Refer to the University Catalog or speak to an Advisor to learn more.
- Knowledge Base: Explain the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, enduring conflicts, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- Research Methods: Apply psychology methods, including research design, data analysis, and the interpretation and evaluation of findings.
- Critical Thinking Skills: Use analytical thinking, skeptical inquiry, and the scientific approach in solving problems related to behavior and mental processes.
- Application: Apply the appropriate psychological principles, theories and concepts to personal, social, and organizational issues and problems.
- Values in Psychology: Exhibit an understanding of the underlying ethical standards, values, and considerations in theory and practice in the disciplines of psychology.
- Information and Technological Skills: Use contemporary tools and technologies to communicate psychological principles and concepts effectively in diverse social and professional settings.
- Global Awareness: Describe an understanding of how academic and applied psychology can improve interpersonal relationships across cultural and national boundaries.
Ways to Save
Earn credit for prior coursework completed at eligible institutions, including community colleges.
Prior Work Experience
You could earn undergraduate credit for your life and professional career experiences.
Title IV federal financial aid is available for many of our degree programs.
Learn about federal financial grants and loan programs that may be available.
Corporate Partner Benefits
Employees of Purdue Global partner organizations may be eligible for special tuition reductions.
Military Tuition Reduction
55% reduction per credit for current servicemembers, 38% per credit for veterans for undergraduate programs.
Prior Military Experience
We offer credit for ACE-evaluated training and CLEP and DANTES examinations.
International Tuition Reduction
International students living outside of the United States are eligible for a 25% tuition reduction.
Calculate your estimated tuition and ways to save.
What Courses Will I Take?
The online Bachelor of Science in Psychology includes core curriculum that is foundational to a psychology degree, plus a complement of interest-focused courses.See All Psychology Courses
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Cognitive Psychology
- Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Stress-Critical Issues in Management and Prevention
- Core Credits45
- Major Credits85
- Elective Credits50
- Total Credits180
- Core Credits45
- Major Credits85
- Elective Credits30
- Concentration Credits20
- Total Credits180
Job Outlook and Career Information
Many career paths are available for those who complete the Bachelor of Science in Psychology. Various occupations employ workers with a psychology degree, including: community and social service, management, educational instruction and library services, health care practitioners, and more.†
The job market for social and community service managers, including those who coordinate and supervise programs and organizations that support well-being, is projected to grow 15% from 2020 to 2030–faster than the average for all occupations.‡
Top 5 Skills Employers Are Looking for:
- Social Perceptiveness
- Active Listening
- Complex Problem-Solving
Top Jobs With This Degree
Labor market, salary, and projected growth information are supplied by Emsi. Average salary range is based on national data. Projected growth represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2018–2030) at the state level and is based on your geographic location. Actual outcomes vary by geographic area, previous work experience, and opportunities for employment. Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment placement, salary level, or career advancement.
The professional practice of psychology is regulated by each state, and the degree requirements of this program do not guarantee or prepare you for licensure in any state upon graduation.
Get to Know Our Faculty
Purdue Global faculty members are real-world practitioners who bring knowledge gained through the powerful combination of higher learning and industry experience.View Psychology Faculty Directory
Statistics include all Purdue Global faculty members and are not school or program-specific calculations. Source: Purdue Global Office of Reporting and Analysis, July 2022. 2021–2022 academic year.
Take 3 Weeks to Get to Know Us
Not sure if Purdue Global is right for you? Experience a Purdue Global undergraduate program for an introductory 3-week period.
There’s no financial obligation and no cost to apply.
That’s the Purdue Global Commitment.
Download our brochure to learn more about our Bachelor of Science in Psychology and the benefits of earning your degree at Purdue Global.
*Future Programs: The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning policy.
†Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Field of Degree: Psychology.
‡Source: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Social and Community Service Managers, www.bls.gov/ooh/management/social-and-community-service-managers.htm. National long-term projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions, and do not guarantee actual job growth.