Information Security Postbaccalaureate Certificate Overview
Today’s businesses rely on information stored entirely on network databases. Purdue Global’s online information security certificate program can prepare you to provide the network security necessary to protect those databases from hackers and attacks with a range of policies, products, technologies, and procedures.
Coursework in the information security certificate online includes:
- Explaining the OSI Model and methods of carrying data over wired and wireless media.
- Administering network operating systems and troubleshooting methods for data transmission and recovery.
- Installing and configuring a network in a virtualized environment.
- Identifying threats and vulnerabilities and applying effective strategies to prevent data breaches.
- Investigating system vulnerabilities and implementing security solutions.
Prepare for Certification
The information security certificate can help you prepare for the following certification exams*:
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.
Note: This program is not eligible for Title IV federal financial aid.