Medical Assistant Certificate Overview
Medical assistants work directly with patients and assist in their care and well-being. If you’re interested in pursuing opportunities in this rewarding profession, the medical assistant program can help you develop relevant skills and gain real-world experience.
To help you gain the skills for the medical field, Purdue Global's certificate program combines online medical assistant classes with hands-on experience in onsite clinicals and an externship.
Hands-on medical assistant training in:
- Administering injections
- Taking vital signs
- Recording EKGs
- Assisting in minor surgical procedures
- Obtaining specimens and laboratory testing
- Performing phlebotomy
Online medical assistant coursework in:
- Carrying out basic accounting procedures
- Completing reception duties
- Performing medical billing and coding tasks
- Coordinating patient referrals
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.