Winter Graduation Ceremony
Saturday, December 5, 2020
A confirmation email will be sent within 30 minutes of registration.
Graduates must complete the online registration by the deadline listed above in order to participate in the ceremony. Registration requires a headshot upload for your personalized graduate slide. View photo requirements.
What to Expect at Graduation
Virtual Graduation Fair
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
4:00 pm PT | 6:00 pm CT | 7:00 pm ET
- Activities will include a virtual photo booth, live video chats with deans and departments, interactive graduation Shout-Out board, personalized graduate slides, and a virtual toast.
- Registered participants will receive participation instructions via email before the event.
Virtual Graduation Ceremony
Saturday, December 5, 2020
- Ceremony times announced after registration closes
- Two online viewing options: traditional or 360° view
- All registered participants will be:
- Personally recognized at commencement
- Listed in the commencement program booklet
- Invited to the Graduation Fair
National Anthem Vocalist Contest
Submission Deadline: October 16, 2020
Got vocal talents? To enter the National Anthem vocalist contest, submit a video of yourself singing the National Anthem by October 16 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who complete their degrees on or before December 4, 2020, and who register by October 16, 2020, are eligible to participate in this ceremony.
Unable to participate in the virtual ceremony on December 5? View upcoming ceremonies.
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about graduation.
Graduation Slide Photo Instructions
Graduates must upload a headshot photo during registration for their individual graduate slide that will be shown during the ceremony.
Tips for taking a good headshot: Use natural lighting, keep the background simple, dress how you would for a job interview (or in cap and gown), and opt for basic hair and makeup.
- Photo display: Photos will be shown on screen as the graduate's name and degree are announced during the ceremony.
- Resolution: Images with low resolution can become blurry when enlarged on the ceremony screen. Graduates will be contacted for a replacement photo if the photo is not usable due to low resolution or other elements.
- Lack of photo: Registered graduates without a suitable photo will have a "Congratulations" image shown in place of their photo.
- Individual headshot of graduate (selfies are acceptable)
- High-resolution digital photo (JPG) in portrait mode (vertical)
- Must be free of any text or graphics over the image
- Must be in good taste and appropriate for an academic audience
- Due to the Department of Defense guidelines, photos in military uniform will not be accepted