Applied Behavior Analysis Postbaccalaureate Certificate Overview
Interested in studying what motivates human behavior? Purdue Global’s Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Postbaccalaureate Certificate is designed for just that.
The certificate provides applied behavior analysis training focused on improving the skills and achievements of children in school settings; enhancing the development, abilities, and choices of children and adults with different kinds of disabilities; and increasing the performance and satisfaction of employees in organizations and businesses.
Our ABA postbaccalaureate coursework is designed to prepare you to:
- Draw upon foundational principles in the field of applied behavior analysis to provide assessments, design behavior intervention plans, and evaluate the effectiveness of treatment of children and adults with special needs.
- Utilize basic methodologies in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and the interpretation and evaluation of findings to determine effective client services.
- Use analytical thinking, skeptical inquiry, and the scientific approach to solve problems and design individualized treatment plans related to behavior and mental health as defined in the DSM-5 diagnostic categories.
- Apply conceptual knowledge of the principles of applied behavior analysis to case examples and scenarios that reflect everyday problems within individuals, families, and organizations with regard to functional assessments, behavior intervention plans, and the evaluation of effectiveness of treatment.
- Explain treatment approaches in terms that clients, their families, and organizations can understand to gain informed consent.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.