Here you will find answers to some commonly asked questions about graduation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Graduation
- When is graduation?
Purdue Global holds graduation ceremonies throughout the year at various locations. Please visit the Graduation Center page for the list of ceremony dates and information. Dates are posted as soon as they are scheduled.
- Which ceremony can I attend?
Ceremonies are open to all Purdue Global and Purdue Global Law School graduates. Students may attend any ceremony that takes place after their final term ends.
- Am I eligible to participate in the ceremony?
Candidates may participate in any graduation ceremony that is held after their final term ends. If you are not sure of your final term end date, please contact your Student Advisor or Student Support to go over your credits and requirements. You can reach Student Support at 866-522-7747.
- How do I participate in a graduation ceremony?
Students who want to participate in a ceremony must register by the posted deadline for the ceremony they choose to attend. Visit the Graduation Center page for registration details.
- Can I participate in a ceremony if I have a balance on my student account?
Yes. Owing a balance only prevents graduates from receiving their diploma, and the actual diplomas are not handed out at the ceremonies.
- How many guests can I bring to the ceremony?
The guest limit is based on space in the venue and the number of graduates expected to attend. Check your chosen ceremony for specific guest limits.
- Will my name be announced or listed in the program if I don’t register for the ceremony?
Only the names of those registered to participate in a specific ceremony will be announced and listed in the ceremony program. If registered for an in-person ceremony, you must be present to have your name read. If you change your participation type after the deadline, you may not be listed in the program or announced at the ceremony.
- What is the ceremony cancellation policy?
Ceremony participation cancellations must be received in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 weeks prior to the ceremony. Cancellations received after the deadline will result in a nonrefundable fee of $125 charged to the graduating student's account.
Caps and Gowns, Diplomas, and Transcripts
See below for frequently asked questions about ordering your cap and gown and how to obtain a copy of your transcripts.
- How do I get my cap and gown?
Caps and gowns must be purchased from Herff Jones at least 6 weeks prior to the ceremony date. Graduates must bring their own caps and gowns as they will not be available at the ceremony.
- Do I need a hood?
Hoods are part of the master’s-level and doctoral-level cap and gown packages and come with the set when ordered through Herff Jones.
- When will I receive my diploma? Do I have to attend a graduation ceremony to receive it?
Diplomas are mailed by the Office of the Registrar approximately 8 weeks after completion of the final class and all program and financial requirements have been confirmed by University officials according to the University Catalog. For questions regarding diplomas, please email the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com or call 866-522-7747 (Toll Free). Diplomas are not distributed at the graduation ceremonies.
- How do I obtain a copy of my transcripts?
- What size will my diploma be?
Diplomas are 11.0" x 8.5."
See below for frequently asked questions about academic honors.
- How do I know if I have earned academic honors?
Students earning an associate's or bachelor's degree through Purdue Global or a law degree through Purdue Global Law School are eligible to receive academic honors based on cumulative grade point average. Certificate- and master’s-level graduates are not eligible for academic honors. Academic honors statuses will be noted on diplomas and transcripts.
The academic honors statuses are as follows:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.70–3.79: Cum Laude
- Cumulative GPA of 3.80–3.99: Magna Cum Laude
- Cumulative GPA of 4.0: Summa Cum Laude
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00–3.29: With Honors (Purdue Global Law School)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.30–4.00: With Highest Honors (Purdue Global Law School)
- Will I be recognized for academic honors at the ceremony?
Yes, please check with your ceremony's coordinator for specific recognition details.
- Can I wear my honor society cords at the ceremony?
Yes, graduates who are members of an honor society may wear their honor society regalia (cords, stoles, pins, etc.) at the ceremony. Honor society items must be purchased directly from the honor society, and will not be available at the graduation venue. Graduates must be existing honor society members prior to their final term.
Purchasing Additional Graduation Items
See below for frequently asked questions about how to purchase other items for your graduation.
- Where can I purchase printed graduation announcements, class rings, or diploma frames?
- Where can I purchase Purdue Global branded items?
Purdue Global branded items such as t-shirts, sweatshirts, totes, and more can be ordered through the Student Store.
Your Path to Success Begins Here
Connect with an Advisor to explore program requirements, curriculum, credit for prior learning process, and financial aid options.