Online Graduate Certificate in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity
Program at a Glance
- Enhance your current skills and career with an Online Graduate Certificate in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity (DEI).
- Identify, manage, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the workplace.
- Cultivate a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment by learning to implement DEI strategies, understand cultural diversity and unconscious bias, and how to combat them.
- Lead inclusively, elevate equity, and promote diversity.
We offer multiple start dates to give you flexibility in your education, life, and work schedules.
Online Graduate Certificate in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity Overview
Purdue Global’s Online Graduate Certificate in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity helps you develop the critical knowledge and skills to become an agent of strategic organizational change. You’ll learn to identify, manage, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within organizations, as well as how to address bias and marginalization to cultivate a diverse and inclusive workplace community.
This DEI graduate certificate program prepares you to:
- Discuss diverse perspectives in a global context.
- Analyze various cultural elements and phenomena within the workplace.
- Use the information in professional situations to lead inclusively, elevate equity, and promote diversity.
- Evaluate professional settings to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Analyze the strengths of diversity within team settings.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.
Note: This program is not eligible for Title IV federal financial aid.
By completing a certificate, you’ll not only earn a valuable credential to make an immediate impact on your career, but you’ll also lay the groundwork for your next degree. Qualified credits can apply toward certain Purdue Global master’s degree programs.*View MS in Professional Studies
Purdue University Global Is Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
The HLC (HLCommission.org) is an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
A bachelor’s degree is required to enroll in a graduate certificate program. You will need to provide an official transcript that shows completion of your bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, though an unofficial copy may be provided during the application process. Refer to the University Catalog or speak to an Advisor to learn more.
Ways to Save
Learn about federal financial grants and loan programs that may be available.
Corporate Partner Benefits
Employees of Purdue Global partner organizations may be eligible for special tuition reductions.
Military Tuition Reduction
55% reduction per credit for current servicemembers, 38% per credit for veterans for undergraduate programs.
International Tuition Reduction
International students living outside of the United States are eligible for a 25% tuition reduction.
Calculate your estimated tuition and ways to save.
Demand for diversity, equity, and inclusivity roles has increased significantly. According to LinkedIn’s 2022 LinkedIn Jobs on the Rise list, diversity and inclusion manager was ranked as the second fastest-growing job title in the U.S. and showed consistent growth from 2017–2021.†
Note: Purdue Global does not guarantee employment placement or career advancement. Actual outcomes vary by geographic area, previous work experience, and opportunities for employment.
What Courses Will I Take?
The online DEI certificate curriculum explores equity-minded practices, as well as unconscious bias and debiasing interventions and strategies designed to combat implicit bias.
You’ll learn from experienced professionals who bring real-world knowledge to the courses they teach.See All Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity Courses
- Introduction to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity
- Fostering Cultural Diversity in the Workplace
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Within Professional Contexts
- Unconscious Bias and Fostering an Inclusive Environment
- Diversity in Teams
- Major Credits25
- Total Credits25
Get to Know Our Faculty
Purdue Global faculty members are real-world practitioners who bring knowledge gained through the powerful combination of higher learning and industry experience.View General Education Faculty Directory
Statistics include all Purdue Global faculty members and are not school or program-specific calculations. Source: Purdue Global Office of Reporting and Analysis, September 2021. 2020–2021 academic year.
*Future Programs: The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
†Job Growth: Source: LinkedIn Jobs on the Rise 2022: The 25 U.S. Roles That Are Growing in Demand, www.linkedin.com/pulse/linkedin-jobs-rise-2022-25-us-roles-growing-demand-linkedin-news. National long-term projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions, and do not guarantee actual job growth.