Caps and Gowns
Beginning with the August 10, 2019, ceremony, all graduates will dress in black caps and gowns with gold and black tassels. Caps, gowns, and tassels must be purchased online through Jostens during the registration window for the specified ceremony to avoid penalty fees. Late orders are not guaranteed, and caps and gowns will not be available at the theater on graduation day.
Cap and gown packages include:
- Associate's, bachelor's, certificate, and diploma graduates—cap, gown, and tassel
- Master's and doctorate graduates—cap, gown, tassel, and degree-color hood (see guide below)
When choosing attire to wear under your gown, remember that the gown falls mid-calf. Business or business casual clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Find your graduation ceremony and click the ordering link on your ceremony's page.
- Select the appropriate gown for your degree level.
- Enter exact height and weight details for an accurate fit.
- Select your major/curriculum to receive the correct hood (master's and doctorate graduates only; see Listing of Degree Colors below).
- Fill in your billing and shipping details.
- Complete your order.
- Print or save your confirmation.
Cap and gown order deadlines are designed to ensure orders are received in time. Graduates who miss their ceremony's ordering deadline should contact Jostens' Customer Service at 800-854-7464 to ask if a late order will be accepted. Late orders are not guaranteed and may be subject to express mailing fees. Do not place your order over the phone unless you’ve missed the deadline.
Listing of Hood Colors (for Master's and Doctorate Graduates)
|Degree||Hood Color||Jostens Selection|
|Criminal Justice||Peacock||Criminal Justice|
|Educational Psychology||Light Blue||Education|
|Health Care Administration||Salmon||Health Sciences|
|Health Education||Salmon||Health Sciences|
|Health Informatics||Salmon||Health Sciences|
|Health Information Management||Salmon||Health Sciences|
|Higher Education||Light Blue||Education|
|Homeland Security and Management||Peacock||Criminal Justice|
|Human Services||White||Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|Information Technology||Red||Information Technology|
|Instructional Design and Technology||Light Blue||Education|
|Juris Doctor||Purple||Concord Law School|
|Legal Studies||Purple||Legal Studies|
|Public Administration||Peacock||Criminal Justice|
|Public Health||Salmon||Health Sciences|