Midwest Regional Ceremony
Murat Theatre at Old National Centre
502 North New Jersey Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
See schedule below.
Graduation Event Guide
Download the Graduation Event Guide booklet, which contains important ceremony details.
Important Deadlines and Information
Students who complete their degrees on or before Friday, May 17, 2019, and who registered by March 28, 2019, are eligible to participate in this ceremony.
Registration for this ceremony has ended.
Caps and Gowns
Order through Jostens by Thursday, March 28, 2019. If you are unsure which gown to select, visit the Caps and Gowns page to view a list of degrees and corresponding Jostens selections. Graduates who miss the deadline should contact Jostens 800-854-7464 to find out whether a late order will be accepted. Late orders are not guaranteed and may be subject to late or rush shipping fees. Caps and gowns will not be sold at Murat Theatre.
Parking at the Murat Theatre
Parking at Murat will be $10 due upon entry on both Friday, May 17, and Saturday, May 18, 2019, and the main lot is accessible on Alabama Street. Additional parking is available across the street in the Zion Evangelical Church’s lot for $5 on both Friday, May 17, and Saturday, May 18. Church address is 603 N New Jersey Street. Spaces are limited, and we recommend taking an Uber, Lyft, or taxi. There are many other lots in the area with varying prices. Check costs and availability via SpotHero or Parkopedia. Some lots only accept cash; we recommend bringing both cash and credit to avoid issues.
Travel and Hotel
View a list of hotels and other travel information. Hotels sell out fast and must be booked by Monday, April 15, 2019, to receive the discounted rates.
Friday, May 17, 2019—Murat Theatre
Dress for the event is business casual.
- 4:30–6:30 pm ET: Early graduate check-in and Graduate Services Area open
- 5:00–7:00 pm ET: Alumni Meet and Greet (for graduates and guests; RSVP by May 8)
- 7:00–7:45 pm ET: School of Nursing Pinning Ceremony
Saturday, May 18, 2019—Murat Theatre
For graduates in the School of Business and Information Technology and School of Health Sciences—all degree levels
- 8:30 am ET: Graduate check-in for morning ceremony and Graduate Services Area open
- 9:15 am ET: Graduate line up (Egyptian Room, level 2)
- 9:30–11:30 am ET: Morning graduation ceremony*
For graduates in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Education, School of Nursing, and Concord Law School—all degree levels
- 12:30 pm ET: Graduate check-in for afternoon ceremony and Graduate Services Area open
- 1:15 pm ET: Graduate line up (Egyptian Room, level 2)
- 1:30–3:30 pm ET: Afternoon graduation ceremony*
*Ceremony end time is approximate and may end earlier or later depending on how fast or slow graduates cross the stage.
Graduate Services Area
The following departments will be present to offer assistance and answer questions.
- Career Services: Get support for your employment search after graduation, including resume writing, interview techniques, and networking.
- Concord Law School: Learn more about earning a law degree from Concord Law School at Purdue University Global.
- Graduate Services: Exchange caps, gowns, or tassels; sizes and quantities are limited.
- Military Affairs: Pick up a commemorative challenge coin if you are a veteran, active military student, and/or a military spouse.
- Office of Returning Students: Learn more about earning your next degree at Purdue University Global.
- Office of the Registrar: Get answers to grade point average (GPA) and degree questions.
- Purdue Alumni Association: Tap into the power of more than 600,000 accomplished Purdue and Purdue Global alumni to grow both personally and professionally.
- Social Media Zone: Visit the Social Media Zone and receive a complimentary souvenir photograph.
- Student Finance: Receive guidance and support for financial questions.
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about graduation.