East Coast Regional Ceremony
DAR Constitution Hall
1776 D Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20006
9:30 am ET
Guest Limit: 4 guests per graduate.
All graduates and their guests require tickets for entry. During the registration process, graduates will select one ticket for themselves and up to 4 tickets for their guests. Children age 1 or under will not need a ticket, but must sit on an adult’s lap.
Students can select up to 3 wait list tickets during the registration process. Waitlist tickets are not guaranteed as they are dependent on seating availability after registration closes. Those on the waitlist will be contacted at the end of June to advise if additional tickets can be given.
Important Deadlines and Information
Students who complete their degrees on or before Friday, August 9, 2019, are eligible to participate in this ceremony.
Registration for this ceremony is open to those whose degrees will be complete by August 9, 2019. Work with your Student Advisor to schedule your final courses to be completed by August 9 to attend this ceremony. Review the instructions below to register by Thursday, June 20, 2019. Late registrations will not be accepted.
STEP 1: Click here to access the registration site, and click "Graduate Login".
STEP 2: Enter your university email address and Student ID number in the fields.
Note: Your university email is your student username followed by “@student.purdueglobal.edu” If you do not know your Student ID number, login to your student portal page, click the “My Account” tab, and then click “My Information”. Your student ID will show in the “Security Information” section.
STEP 3: Review ceremony details and deadlines, then select your ticket amount.
- Select up to 4 tickets for guests attending with you.
- Select up to 3 additional waitlist tickets. Waitlist tickets are not guaranteed as they are dependent on whether seats are still available after registration closes.
- Select 1 ticket for yourself. This ticket cannot be used by one of your guests.
STEP 4: Click “Continue” and follow instructions to print your tickets, or email them to your guests.
Important: All graduate and guest tickets will be scanned upon entry at the theater. Each ticket has a unique code that can only be scanned once. If copies are made, only the first one scanned will be allowed entry. All others will be denied.
Caps and Gowns
Order through Jostens by Thursday, June 20, 2019. All caps and gowns are black, and all tassels are black and gold. Master’s and doctorate’s gowns come with hoods that are color-coded by degree. If you are unsure which major to select, visit the Caps and Gowns page to view a list of degrees and corresponding Jostens selections.
Do you want to sing the National Anthem at the August 10, 2019, ceremony? Submit a YouTube video of yourself singing the National Anthem by Thursday, June 20, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org. View more instructions and and official contest rules.
Travel and Hotel
View a list of hotels and other travel information. Hotels must be booked by Monday, July 1, 2019, to receive the discounted rates.
Purdue Global graduates and their guests can tour D.C. with 15% off the day trolley tour, Monuments by Moonlight trolley tour, or DC Ducks. Use code PUG2019 at checkout on your reservation.
Friday, August 9, 2019
Dress for the event is business casual.
- 4:30–6:30 pm ET: Early graduate check-in and Graduate Services Area open
- 7:00–7:45 pm ET: School of Nursing Pinning Ceremony
Saturday, August 10, 2019
Dress for the event is business casual.
- 8:30 am ET: Graduate check-in and Graduate Services Area open
- 9:15 am ET: Graduate line-up and announcements
- 9:30–11:30 am ET: Graduation ceremony*
*Ceremony end time is approximate and may end earlier or later depending on how fast or slow graduates cross the stage.
Graduate Services Area
The following departments will be present to offer assistance and answer questions.
- Career Services: Get support for your employment search after graduation, including resume writing, interview techniques, and networking.
- Concord Law School: Learn more about earning a law degree from Concord Law School at Purdue University Global.
- Graduate Services: Exchange caps, gowns, or tassels; sizes and quantities are limited.
- Military Affairs: Pick up a commemorative challenge coin if you are a veteran, active military student, and/or a military spouse.
- Office of Returning Students: Learn more about earning your next degree at Purdue University Global.
- Office of the Registrar: Get answers to grade point average (GPA) and degree questions.
- Purdue Alumni Association: Tap into the power of more than 600,000 accomplished Purdue and Purdue Global alumni to grow both personally and professionally.
- Social Media Zone: Visit the Social Media Zone and receive a complimentary souvenir photograph.
- Student Finance: Receive guidance and support for financial questions.
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about graduation.