Tuition and Fees for the Bachelor of Science in Professional Flight
Tuition and fee information published on June 10, 2020.
Tuition for the Bachelor of Science in Professional Flight is $371.00 per quarter credit hour. Important: Purdue Global practica fees for flight training are separate from Purdue Global tuition and Sterling Flight Training fees and are payable in full 3 days prior to the start date of each applicable term; speak to an Admissions Advisor for additional information.
|Credit Hours||Terms (F/T Student)||Total Tuition|
Program is not TA/VA eligible. The number of terms varies based on the rate at which the student completes the program of study, availability of eligible prior learning credits, prerequisites required, and repeated courses.
Notice: Any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the current tuition rate and/or changes to tuition rates are to be directed to Financial Aid. A change in program may not constitute a change in tuition. For cost of attendance, including indirect expenses, visit www.purdueglobal.edu/tuition-financial-aid/tuition-reduction/.
Purdue Global General Fees
Unless otherwise noted, these fees are payable directly to Purdue Global, may be paid using financial aid funds, and can be incorporated into the student’s monthly payment plan. See below for Purdue Global practica fees.
Subject to the Three-Day Cancellation refund provision in the Enrollment Agreement, all students are required to pay a nonrefundable application fee of $45.00 prior to enrollment. This fee is waived for veterans, spouses and dependents (with military benefits) of U.S. military servicemembers and veterans, Indiana residents, employees of preselected corporations and postsecondary institutions with which Purdue Global has an educational relationship, and preapproved student groups. Application fees are not charged to U.S. military servicemembers.
A nonrefundable deposit of $25.00 is required at the time of reenrollment for returning students. Once the student begins classes, the deposit will be credited to the first term’s tuition. This fee is not charged to U.S. military servicemembers, Indiana residents, or Maine residents. International students are required to pay one term of tuition and fees in full prior to the start of each term within the academic year.
All students enrolled in a standard undergraduate program are required to pay a $345.00 resource fee per term ($250.00 for military veterans and spouses). U.S. military servicemembers and residents of Indiana enrolled in a standard program are exempt from the resource fee.
Additional Technology Requirements for Courses
Along with the Technology Requirements listed in the Catalog, all students should review and be aware of any additional software and hardware requirements for their classes prior to enrollment. For a complete listing of additional requirements, visit www.purdueglobal.edu/admissions/technology-requirements/hardware-software/.
Undergraduate students enrolled in EL206 will pay a $1,500.00 course fee. This nonrefundable fee will be collected as follows: 50% after add/drop week and 50% upon submission of a portfolio for evaluation. Undergraduate students who withdraw from the course after add/drop week, withdraw from Purdue Global before completing the course, fail the course, or do not submit a portfolio after completion of the course will not be charged the remaining $750.00. This fee may be paid using financial aid funds and can be incorporated into the student’s monthly payment plan.
A fee of $100.00 is required for each course assessment taken.
A fee of $10.00 is charged for each copy of an official transcript. A $2.00 shipping and handling fee will be charged if the receiving school is unable to accept electronic delivery. Additional fees are as follows: notarized, $30.00; rush delivery, $25.00. Students will receive one free copy of their official diploma. Additional fees are as follows: duplicate/replacement, $25.00 (free if damaged in shipment or printed with errors); notarized, $30.00; apostille, $100.00.
Open College Course LRC100
Undergraduate students enrolled in the Open College at Purdue Global course LRC100 will pay a $1,500.00 assessment fee when they submit their portfolio for evaluation. This nonrefundable fee may be covered by financial aid.
Returned Check Fee
A $25.00 fee will be added for all returned checks.
Purdue Global Practica Fees
|Purdue Global Practica||Practicum Fee||Flight Hours|
|AV145: Private Pilot Flight||$13,387.00||45|
|AV253: Instrument Flight Training||$11,317.00||35|
|AV210: Ground Trainer
|AV243: Commercial Pilot Flight I||$14,611.50||120|
|AV248: Commercial Pilot Flight II||$14,611.50||Hours split with AV243|
|AV351: Flight Instructor Flight||$12,913.00||30|
|AV253: Multiengine Flight||$8,173.00||15|
Purdue Global practica fees are nonrefundable and payable in full 3 days prior to the start date in which the practicum occurs. If a student is unable to complete the practicum requirements within the specified hours, additional fees are the responsibility of the student and will be paid directly to the flight school. While TIV federal financial aid can be used toward Purdue Global practica, it is advised that students secure outside funding to ensure they have availability to funds and not find themselves unable to finance the complete program.
Sterling Flight Training Fees
Sterling Flight Training Precertification Fees
In addition to flight training fees, the following precertification fees apply to all flight certifications:
(A student may need more than one exam in the course of their training.)
|Cessna/King school kit*||$365.00|
|Written exam (CATS)||$160.00 per exam|
|Checkride||$900.00 per exam|
|DOMESTIC STUDENTS TOTAL||$1,850.00 per certification|
|TSA background check (international students)||$150.00|
|INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS TOTAL||$2,000.00 per certification|
Additional Sterling-Associated Fees
|Per Academic Term|
($200/week per each 10-week term)
|TOTAL PER ACADEMIC TERM||$2,225.00|
|Refundable housing damage deposit*||$300.00|
|Headset (recommended but not required)*||$357.00
(David Clark headsets are available from $357.00-$754.00 including sales tax)
|Apple iPad (Wi-Fi + cellular) with 128mb storage and iOS12.4; medium size recommended
(Wi-Fi + cellular iPads contain the internal GPS chip used to activate moving maps and other capabilities; activating a cellular data plan is not required to use the GPS.)
|ForeFlight Mobile Basic Plus software subscription
(Provides global data-driven aeronautical maps, VFR/IFR charts, flight planning, briefing and filing, and aviation weather and now includes logbook and weight and balance)
*Payable directly to Sterling Flight Training.
†MyFBO scheduling services, secure Internet and wi-fi on campus, technology support desk, computer lab, and printing services.
Purdue Global Policies
- Books and instructional materials: Not all courses require textbooks; some use electronic instructional materials. Books and instructional materials are estimated at $50.00 to $250.00 per course. Books and instructional materials are provided at no cost to U.S. military servicemembers enrolled in all undergraduate programs. This fee is waived for other undergraduate students. Some courses may require students to purchase additional course materials from another source. Students may purchase supplemental course materials at a retail price predetermined by University administration.
- U.S. military servicemembers are not eligible for Purdue Global scholarships, tuition vouchers, or reductions. Purdue Global is a participant in the Yellow Ribbon provision for eligible servicemembers. Spouses and dependents of eligible servicemembers who receive a transfer of benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® chapter 33 may be entitled to the Yellow Ribbon provision. These reductions may not be used in conjunction with scholarships or other reductions unless otherwise noted.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/.
- Indiana residents may not combine the Indiana tuition rate with Purdue Global scholarships, tuition vouchers, or other reductions.
- Not all programs are available in all states. Check with an Admissions Advisor.
- Tuition and fees are subject to change after 30 days’ advance notice. See the current University Catalog/Addendum for an explanation of the Refund Policy.
- Tuition is payable in full every term. Tuition payments can be made at the following website: https://paymentcenter.purdueglobal.edu/. International students must make payments by credit card or wire transfer.
- Full-time status in an undergraduate program is defined as 12 credit hours per term.
- Failure to return library materials to Purdue Global or any of its partner libraries will result in a financial obligation to Purdue Global and may result in postponement of registration for a new term or graduation. Instructional materials must be returned unused within 14 days from the date the student notifies the University of cancellation of enrollment. The student will be responsible for payment of any bill received for instructional materials not returned.
- Students outside the United States or U.S. Territories will be responsible for the cost and the shipment of instructional materials including returns and payment of customs duties or fees.
- Upon enrollment, undergraduate students must attest to high school graduation or equivalent. The University may require students to present actual proof of graduation or its equivalent as part of its verification process. All graduates of foreign high schools must provide actual proof of secondary completion by providing a degree or transcripts prior to enrollment. Please refer to the University Catalog for additional information.
- Upon enrollment, undergraduate students must attest to high school graduation or equivalent. The University may require students to present actual proof of graduation or its equivalent as part of its verification process.
- Fees and completion time for background checks vary by country. Additional criminal background check information may be required for a student based on his or her country or clinical setting. All expenses incurred for the background check will be paid by the student directly to the provider.
- Cancellation of Enrollment Agreement: Three-Day Cancellation—An applicant who provides written notice of cancellation within three days (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and federal and state holidays) of signing an Enrollment Agreement is entitled to a refund of all monies paid.