Transfer Community College Credits Through Our Alliance Program
Discover how you can apply your associate's degree toward a Purdue Global bachelor's to save on tuition and graduate sooner.
Purdue Global has partnered with schools across the country to help those with community college credits transfer them and earn a bachelor’s degree faster.
Earn Credit for Prior
Combined with other prior learning, your associate’s credits may cover up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree.*
Tuition Reduction for Alliance Schools
As a graduate of a partner institution, you may be eligible for a tuition reduction.†
Why Should You Choose Purdue Global to Further Your Education?
- We offer 175+ online undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Your experiences can earn you undergraduate credits. Earn credits from your work or life skills and save on your degree.
- We offer accelerated degree pathways for veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Your military training can get you closer to your degree.
- Earn credit for what you already know. Assess your skills and test out of courses you have mastered.
- Terms start every month, so you can begin right away.
Purdue Global Community College Alliance Program
Purdue Global has an educational alliance (through an articulation agreement) with the following institutions.
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Blue Ridge Community and Technical College
- Central Ohio Technical College
- Central Texas College
- Davis College
- Delaware Technical and Community College
- Del Mar College
- Des Moines Area Community College
- Eastern Gateway Community College
- Eastern Iowa Community College
- Empire College
- Fayetteville Technical Community College
- Gateway Technical College
- Hagerstown Community College
- Horry Georgetown Technical College
- Indian Hills Community College
- Iowa Central Community College
- Iowa Valley Community College District
- Ivy Tech Community College
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System
- Kirkwood Community College
- Maricopa Community Colleges
- Miami Dade College
- Mid Michigan College
- Mid Plains Community College
- National Paralegal College
- Northcentral Technical College
- Northeast Iowa Community College
- North Iowa Area Community College
- Northwest Arkansas Community College
- Pikes Peak Community College
- Pima Community College
- Richard Bland College
- Southwestern Iowa Community College
- Waukesha County Technical College
- Western Technical College
- Ultimate Medical Academy
- University of Montana - Missoula College
Purdue Global may be able to recognize credits or programs from colleges and universities not listed on this page. Contact us for a full list or to learn more.Contact an Admissions Advisor
Start at Your Community College. Finish at Purdue Global.
Ivy Tech Community College Associate's Degree Graduates: Continue to a Bachelor's Degree With Purdue Global
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) Students and Graduates: We've Added New Services to Our FTCC Alliance
Frequently Asked Questions for Transfer Students
How many credits can I apply toward my degree?
Credits earned through prior coursework or experience can count toward a maximum of 75% of an undergraduate program or 50% of a graduate program. Program and state-specific exceptions may apply. Refer to the University Catalog for more information.
How do I know if credits earned at a prior institution will transfer to Purdue Global?
Courses must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to transfer:
- Completed at an accredited institution
- Included on an official transcript
- Carry a grade of "C-" or better for undergraduate courses, or "B" or better for graduate courses; Purdue Global will consider grades of "Pass," "Credit," or similar, on an individual basis
- Must be 100-level or higher and not considered remedial, college preparatory, or not at a college level
- Relevant to your program of study and equivalent to the course requirements of your program
- Fit into your degree plan
- Meet any additional program-specific requirements
How do semester credits transfer to Purdue Global?
Purdue Global courses are made up of quarter credits. A semester credit is equal to 1.5 quarter credits. As an example, if you have 60 semester credits that you expect to transfer, that would equal 90 quarter credits at Purdue Global.
How do I request a transfer credit evaluation?
You will need to request an official transcript from each college or university that you attended in the past. An Advisor can provide you with the College and University Transcript Request Form to assist in this process.
Official transcripts must be sent to the Office of the Registrar at the following address:
Purdue University Global
Office of the Registrar
2550 Northwestern Avenue, Suite 1100
West Lafayette, IN 47906
Transcripts must arrive sealed and sent directly from the registrar of the academic institution that awarded the credits.
When do I need to submit my transcripts or other proof of prior learning?
You must provide evidence of prior learning prior to the first day of the course for which the credit is intended; however, we strongly recommend that you provide your official transcripts to the Office of the Registrar by the last day of the first term. After this point, in certain cases, we may deny you the opportunity for a transfer credit evaluation due to course scheduling factors.
If you wish to submit a portfolio for experiential learning credit, you are strongly encouraged to enroll in a credit for work experience course in your first two terms.