Legal Secretary Certificate Overview
Law firms rely on legal secretaries and assistants to handle day-to-day operations, such as preparing legal summonses, motions, and subpoenas, so that lawyers and paralegals can focus on preparing cases. Prepare to meet these needs with Purdue Global’s Legal Secretary Certificate.
The legal secretary online certificate program is designed to provide you with an introduction to legal secretarial skills. You'll learn from faculty who offer real-world expertise in legal services, law, and policy.
The curriculum focuses on helping you demonstrate the following abilities:
- Communication: Communicate effectively in the legal environment.
- Ethical decision making: Applying ethical decision making to paralegal practice.
- Critical thinking: Apply critical thinking to resolve paralegal practice problems.
- Theory and practice: Synthesize and analyze theoretical and practical concepts from a variety of legal specializations.
- Basic skills: Produce legal forms and documents using basic secretarial skills.
- Legal communication: Produce written legal correspondence and documentation.
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.
Note: This program is not eligible for Title IV financial aid.