Frequently Asked Questions About Earning Alternative Credits

  • How many alternative credits can I apply toward my undergraduate degree?

    Alternative credits count toward a maximum of 75% of an undergraduate program. This includes transfer credit, military training, work and life experience, professional certifications and training, external exams and assessments, and credit from our open course partners.

    Program and state-specific exceptions may apply. Refer to the University Catalog for more information.

  • When do I need to submit my proof of prior learning?

    At Purdue Global, our Alternative Credit Center offers an opportunity to earn credit for prior learning. Prior learning can include, but is not limited to, career and job training, military training, college courses, and continuing education classes.

    If you have prior learning experience, you may be a great candidate to submit a portfolio for experiential learning credit, and you are strongly encouraged to enroll in a credit for work experience course in your first two terms.

  • How can I apply transfer credits earned at another institution toward my Purdue Global degree?

    To apply transfer credits toward your Purdue Global degree from a college or university you previously attended, you will need to request an official transcript from each school.

    A Purdue Global Admissions or Student Advisor can provide you with the College and University Transcript Request Form. Official transcripts must be sent to the Office of the Registrar at the following address:
    Purdue University Global
    Office of the Registrar
    2550 Northwestern Avenue, Suite 1100
    West Lafayette, IN 47906

    Transcripts must arrive sealed and be sent directly from the registrar of the academic institution that awarded the credits.

    Learn more about transferring credits to Purdue Global.