Credit for Certifications
Your Professional Certifications and Training Could Translate Into College Credit.
If you have completed a professional certification or training, you may be eligible for undergraduate college credit through one or more of the following:*
American Council on Education (ACE)
ACE makes credit recommendations for formal educational examinations, programs, and courses offered by organizations for their employees, members, or customers. These organizations include business and industry, labor unions, professional and voluntary associations, schools, training suppliers, and government agencies. The credit recommendations are intended to guide colleges and universities as they consider awarding credit.
For more information about ACE-reviewed certifications and examinations, visit the ACE website.
Official ACE Transcript
You can also request an official American Council on Education (ACE) transcript be sent to Purdue Global verifying your certification.
- Register for the ACE Credit Online Transcript System.
- Search the ACE Course Catalog for the exams you have passed. Microsoft Office Specialist exams are listed under Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Program.
- Add the exams that you have passed to your ACE course list. You will need to enter the date that you received each certification.
- Select Send Your Record for Review. Your information will be sent to Certiport for verification. After your courses have been verified by Certiport, you will receive confirmation from ACE by email. You can then access your updated ACE transcript.
- Submit a transcript request to ACE once you log into the ACE website. ACE will send your official ACE transcript to Purdue Global. You will need to pay a one-time fee (currently $40.00) to activate your ACE transcript account; the fee covers the cost of your first transcript. Additional transcripts can be requested for a nominal fee.
- Request transcripts be sent to:
Purdue University Global Prior Learning Assessment Center
550 West Van Buren, 7th Floor
Chicago, IL 60607
Reviewed Professional Learning
Reviewed professional learning consists of transcribed coursework from a professional or nonacademic environment that has been reviewed by the American Council on Education (ACE) or Purdue Global staff using ACE guidelines and determined to be college level. Eligible coursework may include formal educational examinations, programs, and courses offered by organizations for their employees, members, or customers. These organizations may include business and industry, labor unions, professional and voluntary associations, schools, training suppliers, and government agencies.
Other Eligible Training and Certifications
Purdue Global awards transferrable college credit for some corporate training programs and professional certifications. Click here to view a full listing of approved IT Certifications and Exams (within the past 3 years).
|Criminal Justice Training|
|State-approved basic police officer training.
Contact Student Support for the Fire Science Certification Verification Form.
|Medical Assistant Credentials|
|Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)|
|Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)|
Please contact the Office of Student Support for additional information.