Frequently Asked Questions for Alumni
- Frequently Asked Questions for Alumni
As a Purdue University Global graduate, you are invited to visit the Purdue for Life Foundation to take advantage of all the benefits that being a graduate and part of the Purdue community entails.
Our students and graduates may also join our LinkedIn Purdue Global group to network with faculty, students, and industry professionals.
- How do I order a copy of my transcript?
If you are a current student or graduate of Purdue University Global or Kaplan University, you may request your official transcript directly by following these steps:
- Log in to your Purdue Global Campus portal at Campus.PurdueGlobal.edu. If you have forgotten your user name, please call 866-522-7747. If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
- After logging into the portal:
- Select the “University Info” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on “Office of the Registrar.”
- Scroll down to the “Order Official Transcripts” section and select “Parchment Exchange.
- Follow the instructions listed on that page to complete your transcript request.
If you are a current student or graduate of another Purdue University institution or a graduate of a closed Kaplan University or Kaplan Higher Education institution, review the important notes on the Transcript Requests page.
- I would like to order a copy of my diploma; where can I order one?
To request a diploma, submit your request on the Purdue Global Campus website. There is a $30 fee per copy.
- Can I access the Center for Career Advancement after graduation?
Yes. Career services are available to all active students and graduates. You also have access to CareerNetwork, a social platform for students and graduates to collaborate with each other and the Center for Career Advancement team.
- I want to order some merchandise with the Purdue Global name on it. Where do I go to do that?
You can order merchandise on the Purdue University Global Student Store.
FAQs for Graduates of Kaplan University
- I am a Kaplan University graduate. Will I be a part of KU’s alumni network or will that be combined with Purdue’s? I’d love to keep in contact with fellow grads but also expand my network if the opportunity is available.
Kaplan University and Purdue Global graduates are invited to visit the Purdue for Life Foundation, which provides more opportunities to expand your professional networks.
Students and alumni are also encouraged to join the LinkedIn Purdue Global group to connect with other students, faculty, and industry professionals.
- Now that Kaplan University is named Purdue University Global, which should I list on my resume?
If you graduated before April 27, 2017, you graduated from Kaplan University and should still refer to it that way on your resume and other official documents. If you graduated after April 27, 2017, please list Purdue University Global. Read more about which name to list on your resume.
- I want to order a new diploma with the Purdue Global name on it. Where do I go to do that?
Kaplan University students who graduated after April 27, 2017, may receive diplomas from Purdue University Global. Diploma requests can be submitted through the Purdue Global Campus website and will include a $30 fee per copy. All students, regardless of when they graduated, may request an updated transcript using the existing Parchment transcript request process.
- Why was the name—Purdue University Global—chosen and what was the criteria for its selection?
The criteria were selecting a name that reflects Purdue’s mission, a name that is distinct from Purdue’s other campuses and a name that reflects the University’s affiliation with the Purdue University system. The name (and identity) needed to convey both the rigor and quality of the new institution while distinguishing itself from Purdue. Finally, the name needed to engage and connect with our stakeholders, especially prospective students and employers.
- I am not familiar with Purdue. What can you tell me about them? Where can I go to learn more?
Purdue University is a regionally accredited public university system in Indiana. With nearly 75,000 students, it is one of the largest and most respected university systems in the U.S. and includes four campuses. More information can be found at www.purdue.edu.
- Has the accreditation for Purdue University Global changed?
No. Purdue University Global and Purdue share the same regional accreditor, The Higher Learning Commission.
- Will the name change impact the value of the degree I earned from Kaplan University?
Kaplan University was acquired by Purdue, which resulted in a change in control, not a closure of the institution. The fact that Purdue University, one of the most prestigious schools in the country, decided to acquire Purdue Global speaks volumes about the quality and value of the education our students received and the degree they earned.
- I graduated from Kaplan University before April 27, 2017. Can I update my diploma with Purdue University Global?
No. We will not be issuing new diplomas to students who have already graduated from the University.
- Will alumni receive any official transitional documents to accompany transcripts that will aid them in explaining the circumstances surrounding KU degrees to prospective employers and helping to maintain credibility?
Yes. A statement has been added to the transcript legend explaining the change of control to Purdue, as we have done in the past when Kaplan University acquired other institutions (e.g., Andover, Hamilton).
- What specific resources will be available to alumni now that Kaplan University is Purdue Global?
The same resources that have always been available to alumni will continue to be available to Kaplan University and Purdue University Global alumni, including career services.
Your Path To Success Begins Here
Connect with an Advisor to explore program requirements, curriculum, transfer credit process, and financial aid options.