Master of Public Administration Overview
Purdue Global’s Master of Public Administration degree is designed to help practicing and aspiring administrators develop the skills and techniques necessary to take on leadership roles in fields such as government, public safety, security and protection, and emergency management.
Curriculum spans diverse topics including public administration and management, ethics and leadership, budgeting and the administration of public funds, strategic planning, and human resource management. You’ll focus on:
- Applying knowledge of practice in public administration to make effective decisions that create public value in diverse and dynamic situations
- Evaluating the social and ethical implications of decisions made in the public interest
- Innovating to address issues and opportunities in the public sector
- Assessing theoretical foundations, current knowledge, and trends in public administration and public service
- Employing financial knowledge to make sound and ethical decisions in the public interest
- Considering cultural, individual, and role differences of constituents and stakeholders
- Using principles of leadership to shape change and improve the governance and management of public policy
See the University Catalog for policy and degree plan information specific to this program.