Master of Public Administration
The public sector needs strong, educated leaders who can make decisions that make a difference. Purdue Global’s Master of Public Administration is designed to help practicing and aspiring administrators develop the skills and techniques needed to provide leadership in a wide variety of public service fields.* The program focuses on teaching you management and decision-making skills; knowledge to help you become a successful leader in the public sector.
Master of Public Administration Program Highlights
The core curriculum teaches you how to evaluate, implement, and manage policy and spans diverse topics including public administration and management, ethics and leadership, budgeting and the administration of public funds, strategic planning, and applied research.
The Master of Public Administration emphasizes:
- Public Value: Apply knowledge of practice in public administration to make effective decisions that create public value in diverse and dynamic situations
- Ethical Decision Making: Evaluate the social and ethical implications of decisions made in the public interest
- Innovation: Innovate to address issues and opportunities in the public sector
- Knowledge Base: Evaluate theoretical foundations, current knowledge, and trends in public administration and public service
- Finance: Apply financial knowledge to make sound and ethical decisions in the public interest
- Diversity: Assess cultural, individual, and role differences of constituents and stakeholders
- Leadership: Apply principles of leadership to shape change and improve the governance and management of public policy
Higher Education at the Highest Standards
Purdue University Global is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and committed to the highest standards. Our specific programs hold additional industry-relevant approvals and accreditations.
What are the Career Opportunities?
When you graduate with a Master in Public Administration you may qualify to serve in a variety of leadership roles, including:
- The executive arm of local, state/provincial, and federal/national government
- Nongovernmental organizations
- Public sector organizations
- Nonprofit and voluntary sectors*
What Courses Will I Take?
The Master of Public Administration focuses on the in-depth leadership knowledge and skills for today's public sector. You'll have the opportunity to explore topics such as ethical decision-making, finance, and diversity. Courses include:
- Public Administration and Management
- Research and Writing in Public Administration
- Leadership in the Public Sector
- Finance and the Administration of Public Funds
- Human Resource Management in the Public Sector
- Administrative Law in Public Administration
- Core Credits55
- Total Credits55
Tuition and Fees
Select Your Options
Online, Rockville, Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin
number of credits
Tuition does not include University fees and associated program fees. View tuition and fee information or contact an Admissions Advisor for more information.
Indiana resident military veterans: tuition for online undergraduate degree and certificate programs is $220.00 per quarter credit hour.
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Access gainful employment information, including program length, tuition costs, financing options, and success rates.†
Whether you are on your way up the corporate ladder or just getting started, our degree programs and certificates could help you prepare to take your career to a higher level.
*Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement.
†Purdue University acquired Kaplan University in March 2018 and created Purdue University Global, which is following the same curriculum format and instructional delivery methods as developed and used by Kaplan University. These disclosures are based on Kaplan University data reported prior to the acquisition.