Purdue University Global/National Military Family Association Scholarship
The scholarship application period ended December 15, 2018.
The National Military Family Association (NMFA) has taken on the key challenges facing military families through lobbying, providing direct support, leadership, and education since 1969.
The Purdue University Global/National Military Family Association Scholarship is designed to empower military spouses by making a college degree possible financially as well as removing other barriers so that an education is not one of the many sacrifices the military family has to make.
Highlights of the Purdue University Global/National Military Family Association Scholarship
- The Scholarship covers up to 47% of tuition costs based on current tuition rates.
- The flexibility of our 100% online degree programs eliminates the risk of a PCS halting your studies.*
- Our programs include options in high-demand career areas and you can even tailor your studies to support mobile-friendly careers.
- Book and/or course materials are provided at no cost.†
- The Scholarship is available for undergraduate studies (special tuition rates are available for master’s-level programs for military spouses).
- Any prior coursework or other training, such as military, will be assessed to reduce the number of courses needed to graduate.‡
Currently, 30% of Purdue Global’s students have a military affiliation.
Military Scholarship Eligibility and Other Information
- This Scholarship is available to qualified spouses of current or retired servicemembers.
- Tuition is reduced from $371.00 to $195.00 per quarter credit hour.
- You must be a high school graduate; a high school equivalent (GED) is acceptable only if you have a mimimum of 6 semester hours of prior college-level coursework. You must also be a first-time enrollee at Purdue University Global (formerly Kaplan University).
- You must have a 2.75 cumulative grade point average in either your high school or college coursework if applicable.
- A leave of absence due to a military relocation is allowed.
- There are no entrance exams or college placement exams needed to enroll.
How to Apply
Visit the National Military Family Association to apply for the military spouse scholarship.
*Some Purdue Global programs are not 100% online; some programs require you to gain hands-on experience in a real-world work environment. Contact an Admissions Advisor for additional information.
†Not all courses require textbooks; some use electronic instructional materials.
‡Purdue Global does not guarantee the transferability of credit from any of these sources. See the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.