Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
The Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice program is designed to provide a solid education that’s relevant in fields such as law enforcement, corrections, and private investigation.
The curriculum covers topics such as criminology, criminal investigation, criminal law, domestic and international terrorism, and countering terrorism. Courses are taught by professionals with years of industry experience. Interactive technology allows students to collaborate with, and receive support from, classmates and instructors.
The Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice program is part of Purdue Global’s commitment to offer students a wider selection of degrees that serve socially conscious career pathways. For servicemembers, a degree could also help you take on more responsibility within the military or prepare you to transition into the civilian ranks.
This Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice program is designed to help you develop a broad education in topics relevant to the criminal justice field. Highlights include:
- Interaction with practicing professionals and a focus on career-specific skills
- An overview of the U.S. criminal justice system, including issues and challenges
- Strong focus on criminology, criminal investigation, criminal law, domestic and international terrorism, and methods of countering terrorism
- Capstone project in which you will apply the techniques and skills you’ve learned in school to real-world criminal justice scenarios
What Are the Career Opportunities?
As a graduate of Purdue Global’s Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice program, you may qualify for entry-level employment in police departments, sheriff’s departments, other law enforcement offices, juvenile detention facilities, jails, prisons, or the court system.‡ Opportunities may also exist in private-sector, corporate, and government security and private detection or investigation.
Associate’s degree graduates could also pursue further bachelor’s and master’s-level studies in criminal justice.§
Purdue Global’s number-one priority is delivering a quality education. We utilize both program- and course-level assessment tools to determine if our curriculum and teaching is delivering the desired outcomes for student success. Our programs are designed to encourage online interaction between students and faculty. This helps make our programs more engaging and relevant, and focuses on the interactive skills relevant to the careers they support.
Additional Program Information
- Terms are 10 weeks
- Students typically take 2 courses per term
- Most classes have a weekly virtual seminar at a scheduled time
- Students must log in and post information once a week (more is recommended)
- We offer an online library housing thousands of documents, tools, and databases
- No-cost tutoring and study tools offered in math, writing, science, and technology
Access gainful employment information, including program length, tuition costs, financing options, and success rates.
Purdue University acquired Kaplan University in March 2018 and created Purdue University Global, which is following the same curriculum format and instructional delivery methods as developed and used by Kaplan University. These disclosures are based on Kaplan University data reported prior to the acquisition.