The internship program in the School of Business and Information Technology has been designed to connect students with various organizations, including small local businesses, large corporations, nonprofit groups and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) to provide opportunities for continued skill development, networking, and assistance in meeting business needs for the sponsor organizations.
We have multiple campuses with students interested in participating in the internship program in their local area or participating virtually. The virtual internships provide more flexibility for our students as well as for some sponsor groups. We have a very successful track record with virtual internships and would be happy to discuss our solutions with your organization.
There are many potential benefits to sponsoring interns, including:
- Partnering in education with Purdue Global
- Providing opportunities for students to connect theory to practice and to hone professional knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Filling temporary leave positions or employee vacation time, or receiving assistance with special projects, via highly motivated, pre-professional interns
- Sponsoring interns creates a cost-effective solution for screening potential employees
- Providing feedback and suggestions to the University to help ensure our curriculum meets industry demands and professional expectations