Dr. Jim Huskins has led information technology and business services organizations in both the public and private sectors for over 30 years prior to joining Purdue Global. He graduated from West Point and spent 20 years in the US Army attaining the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He has a PhD in Organizational Management from Capella University’s School of Business and Technology. He also has a MS degree in Computer Science from the Naval Postgraduate School and a MSE degree in Engineering Management from Catholic University of America.
Dr. Huskins also worked in the private sector as an IT Director and a Senior Services Solution Architect in organizations providing hardware and software infrastructure services, software development, data center and operations services. He has experienced the full systems life cycle for IT systems from Pre-Sales through retirement as a provider as well as an acquirer and has touched most IT management and technology areas over time.
His main research interest is the structure of organizations that perform software development and infrastructure services. Client satisfaction with distributed IT Solution provider organizations using resources in low cost countries was the subject of his PhD dissertation.
- PhD Organizational Management Capella University, Business and Technology
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Naval Postgraduate School
- Master of Science in Engineering, Engineering Management, Catholic University of America
- Bachelor of Science, US Military Academy, West Point, NY
- Defense Systems Management College, Defense Program Manager Course
- United States Army and Department of Defense