Steven Cates, DBA
Dr. Steven Cates has spent the past 30 years in human resources with organizations such as Kroehler Manufacturing Company, Able Engineering, Miller Brewing Company, Wilsonart International, McDonalds, and Forsyth Technical Community College. He has over 25 years of teaching experience at many colleges and universities including Valdosta State University, Rockingham Community College, Averett University (where he served as assistant professor and department chair of the School of Business), Forsyth Technical Community College, Capella University, and as a graduate professor of human resource management at Nova Southeastern University in Davie, Florida. Dr. Cates joined Purdue Global (formerly Kaplan University) in 2008 as a professor of human resource management in the School of Business and Information Technology graduate programs.
Dr. Cates consults with a number of clients in a range of areas such as employment law, labor law, employment testing, and talent management.
“Dr. Cates presently serves as a graduate professor of human resource management in the School of Business and Information Technology. He has authored all of the human resource management courses offered presently at Purdue Global in the business and management and nursing programs.
Dr. Cates has also authored over 50 publications that have been presented at conferences, symposia, and published in leading business journals. His research interests are in the area of employment discrimination and strategic human resource management.”
- Doctorate, Business Administration (Human Resources Management; Marketing), Nova Southeastern University
- Master of Business Administration, Northern Illinois University
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration and Economics, University of North Carolina
- Post-graduate work, Labor Law, University of Michigan School of Law
- Post-graduate work, Employment Law, University of Wisconsin