Dr. Danyell Weaver
Dr. Danyell Weaver serves as the academic department chair for the Master of Science in Finance and the Master of Science in Accounting programs. She earned a PhD in applied management and decision sciences with a focus in finance from Walden University. She also earned a dual MBA in accounting and finance and in management from American InterContinental University.
Dr. Weaver served at multiple online and brick-and-mortar schools prior to starting with Purdue Global (formerly Kaplan University) in 2009. She has taught various courses at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, including accounting, finance, management, human resources, and other business courses.
She worked in the human resources field as a branch manager for Staffmark and other various business positions. She also serves as a reviewer for The Academic Forum.
She married her husband, Jeff, in 1995 and they live with their two children in a log home on a 100-acre farm in Arkansas. She is very active in her community and has served on the Board of Big Brother Big Sister, and as treasurer for Union Cemetery and her church.
- PhD, Applied Management and Decision Sciences (focus in Finance), Walden University
- MBA, Management, American InterContinental University
- MBA, Accounting and Finance, American InterContinental University
- Bachelor of Business Administration
Areas of Teaching:
- Human Resources
Published Journal Articles:
- Weaver, D. and Yelvington, J. "Student Satisfaction with Online Intermediate Accounting Courses," International Journal of Education Research, Volume 7, Number 2, Winter 2012.
- Hicks, M., Protor, J, Self, S., and Weaver, D. "An Empirical Study of the Similarity in CPA Exam Pass rates between Graduates of For-profit versus Not-for-profit Institutions". International Journal of Education Research, Volume 8, Number 1, Fall 2013.
- DePrince, A., Galla, D., Morris, P., and Weaver, D. "Why Do People Save: A Portfolio Model of Financial Assets and Liabilities," Economies and Finance Review, August 2013, www.efr.businessjournalz.org
- Lockwood, R., Machuca, A., Self, S., Sullivan, G., Weaver, D. "Learning Enhancement Using Varied Formats of Practice Quizzes: An Empirical Analysis," International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines 2015.
- "Why Do People Save?" (presented at The Academic Forum Conference in Jamaica)
- "Student Satisfaction with Online Intermediate Accounting Courses," (presented at the IABPAD Conference in Hawaii; received the research award)
- "An Empirical Study of the Similarity in CPA Exam Pass rates between Graduates of For-profit versus Not-for-profit Institutions," (presented at IABPAD Conference in Hawaii; received the research award)