Blake Escudier, BBA, MBA, PhD
Dr. Blake Escudier is a “professional academic” who practices many of the concepts and theories used in his teaching. He is the principal owner and director of Business Owner Counseling services for Entrepanalysis. Over the past 25 years he has been an employee, contractor, partner, and business owner.
Dr. Escudier's diverse work history ranges from a 6-year tour with the U.S. Navy's nuclear power program, operations manager for import/export logistics, director of promotions for Quincy Jones Broadcasting Inc., owner of Myriad Sports Inc.(a sports agency), managing director of Blackwood Canyon Winery & Vineyards, director of small business economic development programs, and more than 20 years of university lecturing. He also gives back to the community as evidenced by many years participating with multiple not-for-profit boards, community grant organizations, and government commissions.
In San Jose, California, as director of the tenth largest small business development program in the United States, Blake experienced managing large economic development operations. He also has experience with full P/L responsibility as an owner-manager and professional-manager of multiple small/medium businesses. This includes the financial risk of starting and operating his own businesses both online and ground based.
Dr. Escudier is a principal founder of the Entrepreneurship Association of Australia and the Entrepreneurship Association of Louisiana, and a member of the Victoria Small Business Mentoring Service. He presently teaches programs in Marketing Strategy, Global Virtual Team Management, Strategic Sustainability, Consumer Behavior, Promotions, and Social Media. He actively participates with the SBI (Small Business Institute) association.
Dr. Escudier's current research involves business owner behavior within dynamic environments and leading effective virtual teams. He is presently working on books titled: I Learned to be an Entrepreneur Watching Gilligan's Island and Guide to Experiential Student Learning.
- PhD: Organization Management, Capella University
- MBA: Loyola University New Orleans
- BBA: Loyola University New Orleans
- US Navy: Nuclear Power School
- Northern California Small Business Development; San Jose State University Foundation
- Southeastern Washington State Small Business Development; Columbia Basin College/Washington State
- Blackwood Canyon Vintners; Director of Business
- Myriad Sports Inc.; Owner/Partner, Sports Agency
- Quincy Jones Broadcasting Inc.; Promotions Director
- Lusk Shipping; Import/Export Promotions Manager
- US Navy; MM1 Nuclear Operator
- Entrepanalysis LLC; Small business owner counseling
- My Own Retail.com; Online seller of web business operations
- SuzyBlake LLC; Developer of Eco-Friendly Townhomes
Areas of Teaching: