Ceremony Info, Eligibility, and Diplomas
The Purdue Global Hagerstown and Rockville locations host two graduation ceremonies per year: one in June and one in December. The next Maryland ceremony will be Sunday, June 3, 2018.
Purdue Global onsite and online students are eligible to walk in the graduation ceremony if they have completed or will complete all graduation requirements prior to June 30, 2018.
Schedule at a Glance–June 3, 2018
North Hagerstown High School
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue
Hagerstown, MD 21742
Maryland Morning Ceremony Schedule
Commencement for graduates in the Schools of Business and Technology, and Health Sciences
- 9:30 am: Graduate check-in for the morning ceremony, and family photos (optional) - high school gymnasium
- 10:00 am: Auditorium doors open for the morning ceremony, guest seating
- 11:00 am-1:00 pm: Morning ceremony
Maryland Afternoon Ceremony Schedule
Commencement for graduates in the School of Education, Nursing, and the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- 1:30 pm: Graduate check-in for the afternoon ceremony, and family photos (optional) - high school gymnasium
- 2:00 pm: Auditorium doors open for the afternoon ceremony, guest seating
- 3:00 pm-5:00 pm: Afternoon ceremony
You must complete the following two steps to attend the Maryland Graduation:
STEP 1: Complete the online participation survey by clicking here. Deadline is April 20, 2018 (surveys will not be accepted after deadline).
STEP 2: Order Cap/Gown/Tassel with Jostens. Click here to order.
The Hagerstown location will host an open house from 12:00 to 2:00 pm on June 3. The open house is for graduates and their families who would like to see a Purdue Global location and take a tour of the facility. There is also a Purdue Global sign that makes a great backdrop for photos. The location of the open house is less than a half mile away from the graduation ceremony venue, North Hagerstown High School. The address of the open house is:
18618 Crestwood Drive
Hagerstown, MD 21742
Take the second school entrance located at the bottom of the hill on Crestwood Drive to park and enter the facility.
Guests at Graduation
- Each graduate may bring up to 4 guests to the ceremony. Based on the number of graduates who attend, there may be additional guest tickets available. If you would like to be placed in a lottery for two extra tickets, please note this when you register for the ceremony. Due to the capacity limits in the auditorium and fire-code regulations, we are required to limit the number of tickets per graduate. Recipients of the extra ticket will be notified no later than April 27, 2018. There are no guarantees that you will be a lottery winner and no graduate will receive more than 6 tickets total—NO EXCEPTIONS UNLESS WE HAVE EXTRA SEATS AVAILABLE AFTER THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE DATE.
- A live simulcast of the graduation ceremony will be streamed via Facebook in the cafeteria of North Hagerstown High School for any attendees that do not have a ticket for the auditorium. This live stream through Facebook will also be available for those who are unable to attend to view the graduation. Further instruction on how to access the live video via Facebook will be provided to graduates through email. The ceremony webcast link of the full ceremony will be added to the Graduation Center upon completion.
- Child Seating: If the child is large enough to need his or her own seat to be comfortable, they will require a ticket. If the child is sitting in an adult's lap then they do not need a ticket.
- April 20, 2018–Last day to register and pay to attend the December graduation ceremony in Maryland. Click here to register.
- April 20, 2018–Last day for graduates to order their cap and gown to attend the Maryland Ceremony. After March 15 click here to place an order through Jostens.
- April 27, 2018–Last day for registered graduates to cancel their attendance or they may be charged a $50 cancellation fee. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by the posted cancellation date of April 27, 2018.
Other Graduation Ceremonies
Purdue Global graduates may attend any of the Purdue Global ceremonies, including the online ceremony in Chicago. Click here for a list of commencement dates, time, and locations.
Please note that each graduation ceremony has a different registration process so please click here for a list of graduation ceremony contacts from each location.
Guests will receive the following at the ceremony:
- Professional photos of graduates receiving their diploma cover on stage and family photos, available for purchase 2 to 3 weeks after the ceremony
- Access to recorded full ceremony and summary highlight videos
- Graduation tickets
- Diploma cover
- Graduation program
- Honor cords for those who qualify
- Military coin for those who are active duty or veterans
- Access to Facebook live stream of both ceremonies
The graduate's cap and gown as regalia must be ordered directly through Jostens by clicking here after March 15, 2018.
Diplomas are mailed by the Office of the Registrar approximately 8 weeks after completion of the final class and all program and financial requirements have been confirmed by University officials according to the University Catalog. Diplomas are not distributed at the graduation ceremony.